Blooded My Yak With A Kingie

spongy

Just a quick report out at North Head this arvo.

2 friends and I left Little Manly at 5:30pm out on our yaks. This is my first trip out with a rod.

Wind had picked up but we persevered towards the infamous Yellow Marker at North Head.

Saw 2 guys in a boat leave, saying its too windy.

Started flicking 6 inch stick baits and 10inch Yumm Lures but no luck.

Put down some old frozen squid and after 15 minutes my mate Skunga hooks into a kingie only to lose it to a dodgey knot. Next its my turn on the frozen squid and after minimal fuss a rat is landed on my yak. Woo hoo!

Put down another strip of squid and it get hit but I get busted off on the marker chain. Skunga lands his first kingie from a yak as well. Good Day yak fishing.

Interesting thing to note, the rats did not want to have anything to do with the stick baits - only squid. On other days, the SP normally have good results for us.

Sorry no pics, as I was on the yak.

Well done Spongy!! Hope you land that bigger one next time!

You'll have to put a Waterproof Camera on your Xmas list - they have just upgraded the Olympus & Pentax ones, so the 'older' models are going out at bargain basement prices!!!

Cheers

Roberta

Well done Spongy!! Hope you land that bigger one next time!

You'll have to put a Waterproof Camera on your Xmas list - they have just upgraded the Olympus & Pentax ones, so the 'older' models are going out at bargain basement prices!!!

Cheers

Roberta

I can recomend a sanyo Xacti CA8 ... it's basically a small digi video cam with 8mp camera as well. fully waterproof. mines taken a beating in the surf and snow and is still 100%. can pick one up on ebay with an 8gb card for around $400.

oh that just sh&%s me :1prop::1prop: i havnt caught a kingie from my yak yet .but i will this summer

what sort of kayak do you run ???

see ya on the water

cheers

craig

Viking Profish - soon to have a trolling motor on the back.

Will be hitting Spit Bridge this weekend, so if you are free PM me.

Jeff

I can recomend a sanyo Xacti CA8 ... it's basically a small digi video cam with 8mp camera as well. fully waterproof. mines taken a beating in the surf and snow and is still 100%. can pick one up on ebay with an 8gb card for around $400.

Funny that, I was very nearly going to get that camera, only hesitation was due to the VGA quality of the video.