Botany Bay Help - I Love To Fish Botany Bay! Newbie

archilles2

Heya Fellas,

Finally signed up to fishraider after many failed attempts and i'm pleased to meet you all :)

Boys, just got a boat , and i want to fish the bay. I went out for the first time to the oil wharf Saturday 13th Dec and boyyyyy did we get smashed by the waves! it was sooo windy and we had no luck , we couldn't stay because of the gale force winds...

Can anyone recommend any spots ? i was very disheartened by our adventure but am confident there are still fish to be caught.. I can't stand lures and like fresh bait only consisting of blood worms, nippers, prawns , pillies etc...

Also i tried to make my own rex hunt BURLEY BOMB , but it just drifted away and didn't sink :thumbdown:

i like the idea of having my berley reach the bottom when we're anchored - any thoughts on this also ?

All i want is bream/flatty/whiting lol

Any suggestions always welcome - thanks boys

Edited by archilles2

not being a bait fisho myself , I can't tell you where to fish

but

ends of the runways hold fish , plus Mollineaux pt

the oil wharf is a good spot also plus Watts reef is nearby

being quite shallow for most of it , Botany Bay is not great with high winds on a large swell

if your in a small boat do what I do

if it's looking a bit suss , put the boat in at Oatley bay and fish the Georges River

safety is your number one concern , it's not worth getting injured or worst for a fish

boys, thankyou so much for your help ! i really appreciate it - can't wait to get out there again , we have a 19ft boat so it can handle abit of turbulance, however i don't like fishing in a washine machine even if the boat is biggish.

On another note i'd like to open a can of worms and ask how the hell would i go about catching kingies ?

yep that's right kingies - i've never tried! Where can i find out some info ? Thanks again Fishraiders !

ends of the runways hold fish , plus Mollineaux pt

the oil wharf is a good spot also plus Watts reef is nearby

being quite shallow for most of it , Botany Bay is not great with high winds on a large swell

if your in a small boat do what I do

if it's looking a bit suss , put the boat in at Oatley bay and fish the Georges River

safety is your number one concern , it's not worth getting injured or worst for a fish

Mollineaux point is where the kings are, drop a squid :)

also I agree with rob the bay gets very rough when there is a blow so oatley is the best spot then you have all the georges to get whiting flathead etc from. altho i am still only quite new to the whole boat thing as well.

boys, thankyou so much for your help ! i really appreciate it - can't wait to get out there again , we have a 19ft boat so it can handle abit of turbulance, however i don't like fishing in a washine machine even if the boat is biggish.

On another note i'd like to open a can of worms and ask how the hell would i go about catching kingies ?

yep that's right kingies - i've never tried! Where can i find out some info ? Thanks again Fishraiders !

try using yakkas around the port/starboard markers around molineax pt area

Under the bridges is were the monster jewfish are.. take note of the tides and you will land one..... Silver beach is were you will get the bream at and also near the hot water outlet....

Kingsies are all over... make sure they are legal,,, many beeing caught under(rats)

We will b heading out early sunday morning..... for KINGIES). Thursday nite will be out for Jewies....

Under the bridges is were the monster jewfish are.. take note of the tides and you will land one..... Silver beach is were you will get the bream at and also near the hot water outlet....

Kingsies are all over... make sure they are legal,,, many beeing caught under(rats)

We will b heading out early sunday morning..... for KINGIES). Thursday nite will be out for Jewies....

under the bridges?

been trying my luck at captain cook bridge the past couple of nights, my cousin got a hit but snapped his line (amatuer) :P

can you recommend any other hotspots?

Also im a newbie to the whole hotspot names

im guessing runway is at the end of the runway.. DER lol

wat about Mollineaux pt? is there a thread on this forum that shows exactly were each point is?

thanks in advance

abz

Edited by Super Abz

Try Molineoux point as most people have suggested.

At the moment the Kings are there. I found they are on the surface at the moment and mainly rats. Try flicking stick baits around.

A friend went out today and got a couple at the drums.

Most of the bay is holding kings pretty well at the moment. Ive fished for bream in the middle of the bay previously and been hammered by kings.