All Tackle Stores To Close From Newcastle To Woolongong

WELL YOU CANT BUY TACKLE FROM ANYWERE ROUND SYDNEY ,NEWCASTLE OR WOOLONGONG NOW BECAUSE ALL OF THE TACKLE STORES INCLUDING BIGW,***** ,ANNACONDA CANT SELL ANY GEAR , BECAUSE OFF THE REC FISHING CLOSERS IN ALL THESE WATERS .

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN

BECAUSE MOST FISHERFOLK BECAME COMPLACENT AND THOUGHT OH IT WONT HAPPEN AND ILL LET SOME ONE ELSE WORRY ABOUT THE MARINE PARK CLOSERS......

THIS COULD BE A REALLITY

IF YOU DONT VOTE AND GET ACTIVE BY WRITING LETTERS , VOTING ON SITES,PAPERS ,TELL YOUR MATES AND MAKE A LOT OF NOISE

THIS WILL HAPPEN

CRAIG

there is no way this will happen - effectively its restraint of trade by the govt.

im only showing what could happen if the marine park and no fishing closures go through ...

im trying to get fisherfolk proactive and not think that everything will be alright someone else will fix it .

the one fishing tackle shop at byron bay has closed down sighting no buisness since the marine park was enforced.

cheers

craig

there is no way this will happen - effectively its restraint of trade by the govt.

Tan it has and is happening, Port Stephens, Jarvis Bay, Byron bay. The hawkesbury shelf biodiversity study has been in existence for a few years now and is the basis for the plans.

There were a few of us who attended all the rallies, all the info nights, crashed the 2006 state labour conference at town hall and consistently saw 150 and less people who could be bothered to attend the protests etc.

The attitude that it wont happen is the exact reason it will happen and has happened.

What the fishos need urgently is one group to represent them. 1 group of 100'000 is a lot better than 100 groups of 1000.

I suggest every one start hitting the state shadow ministers with emails in cluding Envirnment, DPI, Tourism, Ports and waterways as well as the opposition leader as quite frankly a promise to recend these plans if power is taken is pretty well money in the bank, Duncan Gay promised this before the last election however the Libs got beaten (by a much smaller margin than expected).

I doubt given the recent Faux Pas' of the state govt that they have the chance of a snowball in hell of reclaiming power.

Geoff

well pollution has been on the rise too, is it a good idea to ban driving a car in areas where there is more pollution for 10 years?? the idea of banning fishing from such a wide area is absurd! When i first heard of this proposition i honestly thought it was a joke. Whos idea was this?? who ever it was, im sure this person never goes fishing with his kids or family, because he doesn't know what effect this will have on families that love fishing

Patience lads ,patience. The roof has not fallen in yet.We have to keep an eye on the cracks and discuss how we are going to fix em. That is our goal. The fishraider forums are a chalkboard and we should all attend class and discuss.

Cheers BART.

:1fishing1:

Edited by bart

Craig - I didnt mean to offend you. You rightly are trying to create awareness to the subject.

Perhaps my comment was simply too brief.

I believe that before any marine park is declared official there will be a huge debate and the proposal will be defeated by you, me and all the other anglers within the region.

Geoff - Squizzytaylor - Im the first to support NO MARINE PARK and will do whatever it takes to get my voice heard on this issue. Like the rest of us, I too have invested plenty of $$ just to fish.

Im just saying not all tackle shops will close as the post title states.