Whats Your Best Big Game Lure?

Hey fellas , well i thought this would be a interesting topic... Whats your favourite big game lures.. whether it be popping, spinning, jigging , trolling...

Ill start off, mine has to be the pakula dogo peche for trolling and the cd 9 in pilchard colour.

For popping , the halco rooster 150's .. such a good action..

and for tuna... the tuna trembler by black magic

Whats yours?

By far the best lure I have is the Mcgoo 9inch pusher in lumo / saurie . I bought this from a closing down tackle shop for $30 and has raised three marlin and abou ten YF in just the two seasons I've had it .It also got a 10kg mahi mahi at port stepens last year. The best bargain yet. Can't wait to wet this line again when the marlin are in town.

• 2 months later...

Mc Goo 8 inch saurie. Does'nt catch all the fish but every fish we have raised in the last 2 seasons has come up onto it first. I don't have any spares anymore, so I do not know what I will do when I lose it. Any good coopy's out there??

Hi all,

1. Black Bart Big Rock Plunger (17inch) in Rainbow - Blues and Stripes

2. Pakula 12 inch Sprocket in Lumo/Pink - stripes just can't help themselves!

3. Hollowpoint Goblin in Lumo/Yellow. - Stripes and Fin

Have some new big boyz (super plunger and Prowler) that I am sweating on wetting next week up at Port Stephens. :1fishing1:

Cheers,

Rabs

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this might sound funny as its for big game but

The pakula UZI. Any colour, supose my fave colour is the lumoish green and purple/black

I think its caught more fish including game fish than any other lure i have.

From tailor, kings, albys, yellowfin, blacks, striped marlin and stripes tuna to shortbill spearfish.

For tailor and kings you need to slow down to 4ish knots.

They come riged with a tiny trace, i think its 80 or 100 pound trace and some tiny hooks that you may as well use for bream. Off with those and some 150-300lb jinki and a decient singal stainless hook.

Allways goes out in the middle of the spread just where the prop was clears. The only time its not out is when we dont want to catch striped tuna.

The tend if not to windy to stay in the water, and not pop as much as a bigger lure thats why the tuna of all sorts love them

Also good to go over a rigged skipping gar.

I know that thay are very popular up in SE Queensland for the little blacks.

I do so love big lures but whats best,

A big lure that catches a little amount of big fish or a little lure that catches big amount of fish as well as big fish.

Edited by Davoo

• 3 weeks later...