King For A Day

Captain Pugwash

Headed out today with my darling Dollface, Des from Hookem Cookem charters, fellow frishraider Weasel and his big brother Dave. :1fishing1: Started by loading up on yakkas and a lone squid at Balmoral. Headed out past North Head for a troll then up to Longreef. Got annoyed by sweep and one unsuccessful hit on a yakka so gave it away and headed back to Bluefish Point.

Our favourite spot was vacant so down with the anchor and out with the livies, some on balloons and one on the bottom. Proceeded to fish the bottom for a few mongrel sweep when I get hammered on a whitebait by what was surely a Kingy and just couldn't hold him. Shit times one. Two minutes later and Dollface using small squid on the bottom lets out a yelp and sure enough she gets busted up by another. Shit times two. Then just to prove the story true Weasel has his little bass rod out with a small squid and OFF it goes! He gives a good account of himself before he too gets done on the bottom. Shit times three! And all the while the livies are out there with not a sign of activity.

I had a very bad feeling of "here we go again". Last Sunday I managed to land a 56cm model on my little rackraider but got smoked 5, I kid you not FIVE times using strips of yakka while the livies never got touched! :risata:

So, all was not well with the world when, all of a sudden, the livie on the bottom gets hammered like I have never seen before. :1yikes: I grabbed the rod and it was game on! I managed to get it up off the bottom a bit then it decided to head around the back of the boat causing a mass panic of rods being frantically reeled in. Got him maybe halfway up when he decided to turn it on! I called it for a kingy by the way the mongrel kept heading straight for the bottom and I knew it was bigger than anything I had landed previously. After what seemed like a dozen runs I ever so slowly got him up to the boat when down he goes again! :04: Eventually I wore the bastard down enough for him to be safely netted and brought on board.

Final result, A 5kg 76cm magnificent Kingy that is clearly a PB for me. :thumbup:

Weasel has some photos which he can add on Monday.

There is another fine story from today's trip aboard the Black Pig but I will allow a fellow Fishraider, Weasel the courtesy of telling it himself!

Up late for the Tahs match tonight then it's on again tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Pete

Guest Jocool
Eventually I wore the bastard down

34922[/snapback]

Thats the spirit Pete! :risata::risata:

Awesome report. and good going on your PB King. Love to see the piccies.

Good luck tomorrow mate, and I hope you do better. :thumbup:

As Pete said he had an awsome day landing his pb King. I on the other got to add a new species to the list, and how unexpected it was. As Pete said we went though the heads and turned north with the spred out. Everthing was a bit quiet when about 200m past Blue Fish the 10kg Charter Special started screaming. I grabed the rod and struck and came up heavy on a good fish. Suspected it a King but when it stayed on the surfice we were all guessing. Couple of runs and I had it to the boats edge and to our supprise a beautiful Yellow Fin Tuna took one look at us and headed east at a great pace. Coulpe more small runs and it was boat side again. This time Pete with gaff in hand, a second later and we had him in the boat. Its by far the best fish I have ever cought so you can imagine how I was feeling. It was a top day and a BIG thanks to Pete for the day and also Des for the tuition. Carnt wait till my next trip out on THE BLACK PIG. The Tuna was 68cm and a shade over 4kg(carnt imagine what a 60kg fish would be like).

Cheers

Weasel

post-61-1110145753_thumb.jpg

post-61-1110145824_thumb.jpg

post-61-1110145869_thumb.jpg

Guest hottuna

Great fish. Cant belive the fin at blue fish pt... Ive caught alot of 76-78cm kings and mine weighed just on 4kg. A 5 kg king would have to be over 85cm. Please don`t take offence to the above.

dan

Great fish. Cant belive the fin at blue fish pt... Ive caught alot of 76-78cm  kings and mine weighed just on 4kg. A 5 kg king would have to be over 85cm. Please don`t take offence to the above.

dan

35494[/snapback]

No offence taken mate, :thumbup:

The scales might have been wrong but the tape measure wasn't and the idiotic grin is still on my face! :1prop:

Cheers

Pete