Cheap And Fun Alternative To A Boat: Now With Pics

yellow submarine

After watching some American fishing programs i thought i would give this idea a go. I went out to Fig Tree bridge and decided to pump up an inflatable arm chiar to fish from. Problem was how to propel myself along. Insert a pair of good flippers and i was good to go.

The big question was how to land fish (especially spiney little flatties) and how would it cope in the current (my tired legs flapping).

Landed four fish in all, nothing to brag about but on a hot day its a great way to keep cool. I fished 1 hour before the high till 1 hour after. just in case i could n't keep up with the tidal flow. Great way to stalk the mangroves especially your right at water levels. Easy to get your poppers under the over haning branches.

So if your looking for some summer fun, give it a crack.

post-424-1233270606_thumb.jpg

My mate also landed this cracking 39cm bream. The stories this fish could tell.

post-424-1233270621_thumb.jpg

Edited by yellow submarine

Keep practising your tubing chair technique as they fish for sailfish from tubes off cuba - go out with tide and come back with wind. There are some spectacular photos of those guys doing it on the net.

Reminds me so much or Lawn Chair Larry and his baloon flights where he knew his starting point but where would he end up - especially if his slug gun didn't work!!!

Edited by pelican

hahahahahaha that's fantastic! :1prop:

I read a book about fishmen in Cuba who use giant truck tire inner tubes, with netting across the top to sit in and all sorts of gear strapped on.

Would love to see you being dragged by a big ray haha!

Spanker

Only problem is where to put the TV !

One half of me reckons you're nuts and another half of me reckons you're a genius and another half is undecided and the final half of me is still doing accounting 101.....

I'm not game to look for any more halves - I'ts quite crowded in my head already!

But seriously, where does the tackle box go?

You may have to get a mate on another chair, strap some wooden planks between you and turn it into a cat. Then you can use the plank between you to put gear on....Hey you started a good idea - let's expand on it!

Hey guys

Don't want to spoil the fun - but there are some BIG bull sharks around at the moment. I sighted 3 last weekend and very close to shore. Must admit it was in the Parra river but I definately know that they go chasing fish up the Lane Cove also. My biggest fear is that a canoest will get taken one day.

Last Sunday morning there was a canoest 20 meters in front of me - then 50 meters in front of me a bull shark approximately 3 meters long breached the water, jumping about 3 meters in the air, possibly to hit a school of big mullet or a jewfish.

Sorry to spoil the fun, but I do not want to see someone get hurt.

Jimbo