Ugliest Fish Ever!

SimJ

Question

A mate caught this thing last night, he thought it was a big frog in the dark :074::074:

Its pretty disgusting and it was grunting but someone said they are good eating???? what is it?

post-9568-1233341880_thumb.jpg

Sorry bout the crappy mobile pic.

Cheers,

Simmo

11 answers to this question

for some one thats just started fishing simmo you certanly giving it a good bash

squid in milk crates and one ugly mother off a fish

it's only a matter off time till you hook up to somthing big and hear the reel screem

i would say a scorpion cod but the under side does'nt look right for a scorpion

scorpion cod are one off the most painful stings you will get in the harbour and they have heaps off spines

i compair it to a wasp sting but some people have a bad reaction and can pass out and be in real bother

some people eat them and i've tryed steaming one for a dish called pore mans lobster

it tasted like steamed fish and was crap and not worth the effort but i proberly stuffed it up

if you do keep one kill it and break off all the spines with long nose plyers so you can handle

cherrs gary

for some one thats just started fishing simmo you certanly giving it a good bash

squid in milk crates and one ugly mother off a fish

it's only a matter off time till you hook up to somthing big and hear the reel screem

i would say a scorpion cod but the under side does'nt look right for a scorpion

scorpion cod are one off the most painful stings you will get in the harbour and they have heaps off spines

i compair it to a wasp sting but some people have a bad reaction and can pass out and be in real bother

some people eat them and i've tryed steaming one for a dish called pore mans lobster

it tasted like steamed fish and was crap and not worth the effort but i proberly stuffed it up

if you do keep one kill it and break off all the spines with long nose plyers so you can handle

cherrs gary

Gary there was NO WAY any of that thing was going near my mouth!!! It tried to spike me so much and we just let him go.

It had a moustache!!!

Cheers by the way, I cant wait till I do finally have something huge!

Simmo

Gary there was NO WAY any of that thing was going near my mouth!!! It tried to spike me so much and we just let him go.

It had a moustache!!!

Simmo

Hi Simmo If you like moustaches on freaks you should fish Flint and Steel reef, some of the critters up there come complete with beards and moustaches and if you get lucky you'll get them in an assortment of colours as well. :D

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hi Simmo If you like moustaches on freaks you should fish Flint and Steel reef, some of the critters up there come complete with beards and moustaches and if you get lucky you'll get them in an assortment of colours as well. :D

Cheers

:Funny-Post::074: no thanks!

It wasnt nearly as disgusting as the leatherjacket louse that we find buried deep inside the liver of a big leathery we caught! I didnt even want to get it with pliers :1yikes: !!

Thanks B.F. I read the posts very interesting. They seem to be getting a lot more common in the harbour as someone we met that night had also caught one.

we also released it being totaly ignorant of what it was... but are they good eating?

Cheers,

Simmo

Wow, definately the Eastern Frogfish then!

That's the monkey Techno Monkey, for some reason the $30 a kilo squid is the preferred bait for all deformed frog species at Flint & Steel reef, in fact they ought to help them establish their own private marine park in the brick kiln at Boral.

post-829-1233453820_thumb.jpg

Cheers