My First Jewie In Narrabeen Lakes

blacky

Just got back from my Brazilian Holiday and i was hanging to wet a line so i headed off to one of my usual

fishin spots in Narra lakes last Sat afternoon. Fished for a few hours before dark with a howling northeast

and a low tide. I had only caught one flathead (that was released ) using my fav sp Lobby and i had almost

had enough when suddenly zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . I thought it was

going to be a giant croc , the type of flathead you see in magazines etc because this thing took some line.

I got all of my line back and to my astonishment it was a Jewie.

I couldn't believe my luck. I had heard many stories

of jews in the lake but i never thought i would ever get one. I know it isn't a huge jewie only around 3kg

but it is my first and it was caught using a sp lobby in Narrabeen lakes on 6lbs line.Last summer i had

caught many good size flathead and several Bream over a kilo but Who knows What else

Narrabeen lakes has to offer? post-6632-1233825102_thumb.jpg

Just got back from my Brazilian Holiday and i was hanging to wet a line so i headed off to one of my usual

fishin spots in Narra lakes last Sat afternoon. Fished for a few hours before dark with a howling northeast

and a low tide. I had only caught one flathead (that was released ) using my fav sp Lobby and i had almost

had enough when suddenly zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . I thought it was

going to be a giant croc , the type of flathead you see in magazines etc because this thing took some line.

I got all of my line back and to my astonishment it was a Jewie.

I couldn't believe my luck. I had heard many stories

of jews in the lake but i never thought i would ever get one. I know it isn't a huge jewie only around 3kg

but it is my first and it was caught using a sp lobby in Narrabeen lakes on 6lbs line.Last summer i had

caught many good size flathead and several Bream over a kilo but Who knows What else

Narrabeen lakes has to offer? post-6632-1233825102_thumb.jpg

Nice little jew. Not as good as your Brazillian Dorado.

Well done Blacky! Nice Schoolie! :) I think Luderick59 has caught some jew in the Lake before - he knows the lake very well! :1prop: He gets some top blackies there too.

Mallacoota Pete loves fishing it for flatties, too! :biggrin2:

Roberta

Nice Narra Lake jewie Blacky :thumbup: Well done.

Seems almost every year, you hear reports of one or two being taken.

I got the urge (and a leave pass from :wife: ) to hit the lake early this morning

as i wanted to give the old chicken breast a go as I've never tried it before.

Beautiful morning before dawn with mullet jumping and a mist rising

off the lake. Wish I'd taken my camera now.

Almost immediately, the bite was hot and a 33 bream hit the sand and released.

Then a big take and a nice run with the familiar headshakes and I knew

a nice lizard snaffled the chook.

Beached the old girl and she measured 59cm....nice, almost jet black fish

from living in the weeds.

Quickly released her and she happily glided back into the ribbon grass.

Heard a report of a 110cm model taken on the flats near the caravan park yesterday.

Three more legal bream and heaps of smaller ones made it an exciting morning's fishing. (all released)

So I guess the old chicken breast does work in the lake and when the bite is hot like that, it

makes for a fantastic session.

Gee, it's good to be fishing again :tease:

Cheers,

Pete.