Bush Fires

landbased

I hope no one has anyone stuck in the fires either in NSW or in Vic.

My brother just lost his house in bendigo fires and both my sister and mother look like they are about to lose theirs. if anyone else has any one in them I wish them the best. All I can say is at least they are safe atm, but looks like Bendigo is all alight. Good l;uck to all.

Chris

Terrible news Chris :( Our thoughts are with your family mate

A lot of my family live in Bendigo, so I will be phoning them all today for a verdict. What deplorable conditions they are facing down there. High temps, strong winds ...they are saying it's one of the worst fire condition days in 100 years

Regards

Hodgey

Sorry to hear of your family's loss (and possible impending loss) Chris. Hopefully your mother's & sister's will be saved.

Horrible news this morning of 25 deaths & possibly up to 40. Shocking.

I got caught up in the bushfires on the F3 about 5 years back, drove thru some at the roadside at the NorthArm Cove turn off & finally turned back the other side of Newcastle - that was bad enough for me.

Stay safe & get out early!

Roberta

Looks like the worst of it is over now thank God.

Just the brothers house is gone and the rest look like they are ok for now :)

But my heart goes out to those that lost loved ones. so far only 1 confirmed dead in Bendigo but there are still lots of areas ablaze.

Hope everyone is safe,just heard on tv news that arsonists are now believed to be relighting fires which had been put out. :ranting2: any arsonist should be treated as if they attempted murder. and if people died as a result of them lighting a fire then it should be murder or at least manslaughter,maybe then idiots may learn.

Just watching the news about the fires. My heart goes out to the persons caught up and their families. It is very sad news indeed. To hear there are firebugs lighting more fires after they have been put out is disgraceful. I just hope they catch these people involved and spend a long time behind bars. it is sickening to think that someone is responsible for some of these fires, and people have lot their homes and lives. They should be charged with multiple counts of murder, that is what they have done.

Its just terrible, terrible news.... 65 dead and over 700 houses lost....

The Mott family will be making a donation to the relief effort tonight and I'd ask everyone on FR to do the same... even if its not much, every bit will help.

Cheers

David and family.

700 homes & 65 confirmed fataltiies, it is impossible to comprehend the scale of this tragedy. My sympathy to those who have lost loved ones and for those who are worried for thier families.

I & I'm sure the rest of the generous folk of the fishing fraternity will be chipping in whatever we can to assist.

S.

700 homes & 65 confirmed fataltiies, it is impossible to comprehend the scale of this tragedy. My sympathy to those who have lost loved ones and for those who are worried for thier families.

I & I'm sure the rest of the generous folk of the fishing fraternity will be chipping in whatever we can to assist.

S.

Toll this morning is up to 108 dead and maybe more............

Very sad and on a scale we all possibly don't understand yet. Can only hope there is no more loss of life.

Couldn't believe my ears this morning with the Vic and Fed Govt putting up a measly $10 mill - do these people seriously have a clue - do the math 700 households . If these guys want to put money back into the system I could hardly think of a better more instant situation - bunch of wallys'.

Special note of thanks to all the volunteers involved as well from the tea lady to the front line - I'm sure they would all like to be better equipped as well.

Edited by pelican

:( Very sad news toll is 131 and fearing the 230's mark

its hard to comprehend why any one would deliberately light a fire that can cause this kind of devistation.

a firing squad is to good for them! tie them to a tree and light a fire around them I say!

My heart goes out to all involved.

The toll is still rising with 173 now confirmed dead. This is the most horrific incident that we as Australians have had to face as a nation.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of the deceased and to all the men, women and children directly and indirectly effected by this tragedy.

In these hard economic times it is good to see Australians banding together with over $10 million dollars raised in only 24 hours for the bushfire relief appeal, this has come not only from the big businesses, but from the every day person on the street as well.

There have also been donations from our sporting elite competing in events overseas, that is how far this story has reached, and that is even before the tribute game at the cricket today and also the telethon to be held on Thursday night. It makes me proud to be an Australian.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

I have just got back from a week in Victoria with the RFS. It is worse than the pictures in the paper show and there are some images I won't forget.

Having said that we arrived in the middle of Sunday and saved a town, so I'll focus on the positives.

I have just got back from a week in Victoria with the RFS. It is worse than the pictures in the paper show and there are some images I won't forget.

Having said that we arrived in the middle of Sunday and saved a town, so I'll focus on the positives.

Heroes arent fellas that represent Australia at sport they are blokes like Lasty.

Good on you mate!

Dave