Bassin With Outdoordan.

Jewhunter

G'day all.

I've had the pleasure of having Outdoordan stayng with us this week. Dan was itching to get up here for a taste of what the Tweed has to offer, I needed a hand on a couple of pools I'm building & it looked like I would have a bit of time for some fishing as well so the plan was made to for him to head on up. :thumbup:

Wednesday I left the boys on the job & took Dan into the Oxley river to find some bass. The barometer was low but we decided to have a crack anyway. To cut a long story short we had a nice arvo on the river with a few beers & plenty of laughs as well. There was a bit of activity but certainly not switched on. I ended up with 3 bass but Dan just couldn't get the hooks to stick on any.

Yesterday I again took the arvo off & the call was made to head up to Clarrie Hall dam. The barometer had jumped up from 1002 to 1012 & with some ugly weather on the way this might be the only chance I had to get him up there.

We did as we should & paid homage to the bass gods at the Uki pub on the way with a quick beer. As we got to the dam the look on Dans' face said it all. He was gobsmacked by the beauty of the place. We tried a few spots before pulling up to one of my more reliable spots. I nailed a 26cm fish on a plastic soon after. Then I get a phone call about a job & whilst on the phone I hear that lovely sound, zzzzz, & Dan's on. Top fish to that gave him plenty. So I'm on the phone giving some pricing info while slipping the net under a fat 42cm bass & trying not to laugh. Great 1st Tweed fish for Dan. :yahoo:

We kept working a few different areas for a couple of hits & misses but they were very finicky hits. The weather turned nasty & it poured down so we took shelter in a mates big pontoon.

30 mins later the sun came out, we warmed up & went to some different areas. 1st cast & Dans' on to a nice fish that would be the start of a memorable hour & a halfs fishing. We ended the day with 10 bass. With Dan getting 8 to my 2. :1yikes: He was using a betts spin blade with a 2 inch berkley grub. I managed a good 38cm fish on a popper & missed 4 more boofs.

A top arvo session on one of the most beautiful dams around.

Cheers,

Grant.

Well done Boys!! Top fishing there, Grant & Dan! Congrats on your first Tweed bass, Dan - you'll have the bass bug real bad now! :1prop:

Enjoy your fishing up there :) Drop in on Forster on your way back! ;)

Cheerio

Roberta

I've been working this week... that's just downright cruel. Just for that I'm on 1st strike if we get out next week.

Mrsswordy... as you didn't include me in that last instruction I'll take it upon myself to call in any action we have if the 3 of us find some good fish.

Great fishing, great pics and great report.... can almost taste those beers. :thumbup:

Cheers, Slinky

Both of you GET A JOB :074:

Nice fishing and stop ringing Stewy to tell him when you are "on". I am sick of him looking at the flight schedules to the GC :ranting2:

MUC both big ones too :biggrin2:

She Who Must Be Obeyed

:074::074::074:

very funny post!!!

No doubt about it - bass fishing can take you to some lovely locations! top session guys and a couple of nice size bass there!

dont worry when the jew were on last april and may I rang my mates every time I got one too!

you obviously have the same cruel sense of humour grant!

Pete.

Edited by tide'n'knots

:thumbup: Great report guys, i've fished the clarrie hall dam a few times as the misses' grandparents live just around the corner from it. Its a beautiful place, its like your fishing in a different country. I've landed some beauty's there too, the bass fishin there is great. Ive been told the river up there holds some whoppers, i havent fished the river yet but will be goin up that way soon, so ill give it a crack.

:thumbup: Great report guys, i've fished the clarrie hall dam a few times as the misses' grandparents live just around the corner from it. Its a beautiful place, its like your fishing in a different country. I've landed some beauty's there too, the bass fishin there is great. Ive been told the river up there holds some whoppers, i havent fished the river yet but will be goin up that way soon, so ill give it a crack.

Mate, p.m me the names of your misses' grandparents. If I don't know them I'll know someone that does. :biggrin2:

Johhno, I am now shaven!!! Quotes tomorrow. :1badmood:

Stewy, I'm just returning the favours mate. You always ring me while I'm at work & your braining them you ..............!!!

Quick update. As the weather has been crap Dan has only been fishing off the yard between showers today. He got 2 flatties this morning & 4 bream this evening. J.J managed a bream as well.

Thanks for all the replies people.

Cheers,

Grant.

Nice stuff guy's I see why you moved up there Grant so many options

and ho hum we'll just nip out the back between showers and throw SP's

poor effort that you don't have a covered casting platform :074:

Is that a kettle I hear ........ no just the Swordie stewing about not being there

just can wait for the next report boy's :biggrin2:

Mate, p.m me the names of your misses' grandparents. If I don't know them I'll know someone that does.

Their names are Alan and Helen Oxley. They live on Commissioner Creek Road near Cramms Farm. Is that where you guys put the boat in?

Their names are Alan and Helen Oxley. They live on Commissioner Creek Road near Cramms Farm. Is that where you guys put the boat in?

Mate you would not believe this but they were at my 40th recently & we have also had dinner after that a week ago.

Both very good friends of mine that I have known for quite a while. :thumbup: Two of the very best people you will ever know.

We are launching at Crams as Dave's is a bit overgrown atm. I got Al some s.p stuff some years ago & also got him looking at the lunar calender. He had some very interesting results.

At least give me your first name so that when I see them next week I will tell them you said hi. :1prop:

We'll have to have a fish together next time you're up this way.

Cheers,

Grant.

Mate you would not believe this but they were at my 40th recently & we have also had dinner after that a week ago.

Both very good friends of mine that I have known for quite a while. :thumbup: Two of the very best people you will ever know.

We are launching at Crams as Dave's is a bit overgrown atm. I got Al some s.p stuff some years ago & also got him looking at the lunar calender. He had some very interesting results.

At least give me your first name so that when I see them next week I will tell them you said hi. :1prop:

We'll have to have a fish together next time you're up this way.

Cheers,

Grant.

Wow what a spin out that is!!!!!! So you must be the Grant that lives a couple of houses up from Russell?? When we were up there at xmas, we remember everyone talking about your 'suprise' 40th. Hahahaha How was it anyway??

My name is Garry, my missus is their grandaughter. Her name is Helen aswell.

Definately have to have a fish next time i come up, hopefully within a few months! We absolutely love it there and try and go up EVERY chance we get!