Sydney Harbour 19-2-09

Penguin

Hi everyone,

My 70yr old uncle from Europe is in Sydney visiting us for a couple of months and he has

been harassing me to take him for a fish. Yesterday I had a free day up my sleeve and

my mate Bill and I took my uncle out on the Harbour for the day to see what we could find.

We cruised the harbour at 1st looking for some sort of bird activity or fish boils. We found some

but nothing that lasted more than a few seconds. We stopped off at one of our favourite spots,

but only managed a couple of nice Tailor. We moved to another spot near Shark Island where we

got plagued by little Snapper, we did manage one specimen that went just over legal. We moved

back to our 1st posi where we found a few Kingies mostly rats. We all managed to catch a few

small Kings even my uncle who got 2. Bill managed to land one that went over the legal size, and

we lost a couple more that felt a little bigger. A 34cm Bream, 37cm flounder, 42cm Flatty, 34cm

Leather Jacket and an Occy also made their way into our keeper net. We have been eating fresh

fish at home today, and the uncle is keen to get out there and do it again soon.

Heres some pics

My uncle and his 1st King

post-1664-1235113574_thumb.jpg

and his 2nd king

post-1664-1235113594_thumb.jpg

Bills 67cm King

post-1664-1235113611_thumb.jpg

Our take home fish

post-1664-1235113633_thumb.jpg

Edited by penguin

well done, enjoy your next trip, hope your uncle enjoyed himself, i do know what they eat in europe is what we use as bait :beersmile:

You should have seen my uncles face when I threw a 25ish cm Snapper that he caught back

in the drink :( , and when he landed his 1st Kingy of about 55-57cm, he said " Now thats a keeper " :yahoo: . He almost cried when I told him he has to release it, its only a baby.

Edited by penguin

You should have seen my uncles face when I threw a 25ish cm Snapper that he caught back

in the drink :( , and when he landed his 1st Kingy of about 55-57cm, he said " Now thats a keeper " :yahoo: . He almost cried when I told him he has to release it, its only a baby.

:074::074::074: poor guy, did he get a shock when you used the pillies for bait

that uncle off yours looks old school pel and hard as nails he has certainly been around the traps

seafood smorgasboard there mate well done i wish i could get a legal pinky in the harbour

did your uncle bite the occy between the eyes to kill it i used to fish with a tuff old bugger that did this on a regular basis

top effort mate and keep up the good work

cheers gary

Hi everyone,

My 70yr old uncle from Europe is in Sydney visiting us for a couple of months and he has

been harassing me to take him for a fish. Yesterday I had a free day up my sleeve and

my mate Bill and I took my uncle out on the Harbour for the day to see what we could find.

We cruised the harbour at 1st looking for some sort of bird activity or fish boils. We found some

but nothing that lasted more than a few seconds. We stopped off at one of our favourite spots,

but only managed a couple of nice Tailor. We moved to another spot near Shark Island where we

got plagued by little Snapper, we did manage one specimen that went just over legal. We moved

back to our 1st posi where we found a few Kingies mostly rats. We all managed to catch a few

small Kings even my uncle who got 2. Bill managed to land one that went over the legal size, and

we lost a couple more that felt a little bigger. A 34cm Bream, 37cm flounder, 42cm Flatty, 34cm

Leather Jacket and an Occy also made their way into our keeper net. We have been eating fresh

fish at home today, and the uncle is keen to get out there and do it again soon.

Heres some pics

My uncle and his 1st King

post-1664-1235113574_thumb.jpg

and his 2nd king

post-1664-1235113594_thumb.jpg

Bills 67cm King

post-1664-1235113611_thumb.jpg

Our take home fish

post-1664-1235113633_thumb.jpg

Good catch, your perseverence paid off, I couldnt catch anything in the harbour yesterday.