Good Weekend Fishing

SimJ

Went to Hawkesbury with a mate on Friday night, fished off the back of the pool. Pretty good for a short night with 2 flatties (biggest 50cm) and 3 bream (biggest 29cm). Heaps of Pike eels and a few catties too :thumbdown:

post-9568-1235352575_thumb.jpg

post-9568-1235352653_thumb.jpg

Also caught the smallest flattie ive seen b4

On Sunday night we went for a bit of a trek to Palm Beach, first time there, wanted to catch salmon but no luck.

We did catch a few unusual things though, there was heaps of cuttlefish, squid and real big yakkas all night average was about 28cm, threw some out livies and got hit after hit :thumbup: . Mate pulled a huge flattie to the surface then unhooked and swam off :ranting2: . I kept catching these wierd rays, that actually fought pretty hard.

post-9568-1235353520_thumb.jpg

This one weighed 3.6kg and fought like a big flattie :wacko:

post-9568-1235353867_thumb.jpg

Anyone know what type it is?

My mate pulls in a livie he had out and its being chased by a big squid it ran off when it saw us, but he was persistent and got it to come back, I got the jig ready and got him.

post-9568-1235354112_thumb.jpg

It also fought pretty hard! (is it worth using one this big for live bait? or is it too big?)

Had so many big hits and nice runs that it was a really good night even if we didnt bag anything massive.

post-9568-1235354455_thumb.jpgpost-9568-1235354549_thumb.jpg

Also is this a mullet? (32cm caught on bread)

:074: Massive post I know but wanted to fit both nights in!

Cheers guys,

Simmo

Dont be cruel fellas!

Touching the numbray is likely to give a an electric shock in the vicinity of up to 400 volts, well severe enough to send you flying of the pool wall, or hurl limbs back violently enough to cause severe injuries.

Best to cut them off or use insulated pliers to take the hook out and poke them back.

Regards Saltrix

Dont be cruel fellas!

Touching the numbray is likely to give a an electric shock in the vicinity of up to 400 volts, well severe enough to send you flying of the pool wall, or hurl limbs back violently enough to cause severe injuries.

Best to cut them off or use insulated pliers to take the hook out and poke them back.

Regards Saltrix

They actually give you a electric shock of up to 200 volts and can deliver 50 successive shocks within 10 minutes, intense discharges at first but gradually weakening until they were almost imperceptible.

Mike

Ill probably try touching a small one first, not one as fat as that... :1prop:

'Nice catch mate - just curious, what pool did you fish off in the hawkesbury? would that be the pool near the marina just around the corner from parsley bay ramp?

Pete.'

Yeah mate I think thats the one, just past the second carpark near the Brooky marina. You hit it up b4? That was our first time.

Cheers,

Simmo