Estuary Perch

Luke K

Hi Raiders,

Well there is a good old saying "seeing is believing and now I too am a believer.

I went for a yak on sunday with a mate Simon and fellow fishraider Yakfishing. The water looking more like a cup of cold coffee rather than a beautiful pristine lake. The bite was quite slow, only managing a few small flatties and a lonley tailor all on plastics. We decided to start at the ocean end of the lake and head up stream. It all happened when we got to the main bridge( pittwater rd) There is always a flattie or two there and I managed to pick up a couple. Then my mate simon hooked onto a solid fish and I thought at first that this would be a good flattied but low and behold it's an E.P and it was about 32cm and we released it . We only got picks on his mobile phone so when he sends it to me I will add it to this post. I could not believe it, only 1km from the ocean this little gem was caught. I must admit I am a little jealous it was not me who caught that fish, but it was great to see one caught in the lake.

post-2305-1235551948_thumb.jpg

cheers Luke

Edited by johnno

Hi Luke

OMG!! An EP!! Never say Never!!

I got 5 mullet on a Sammy Pencil lure, fishing yesterday & today - I was chasing whiting! To say I was gobsmacked would be an understatement!

Look forward to seeing the pic!!!

I have heard of the odd mangrove jack being caught up here too ....... gotta be there to believe it tho! :wacko:

Cheerio

Roberta