Night Bream Session

BrettP

My neighbour has been telling me for months that he would take me out in his 15ft canoe for a night Bream session. I wouldn't say that this sounded like my preferred type of fishing, but hey, it is a summer evening on the water, so I agreed.

Headed down to Go Fish and got some bait and put the canoe in at around 8pm. Having never been in a boat like this before, I was a bit nervous, but after around 5oom of paddling I was getting used to it. We eventually pulled up out the front of some houses and started fishing. The tecnique he used was simple. A box of around 30 pre rigged handlines in the middle of the canoe with unweighted hooks as there are plenty of bust offs, so you just drop the hookless one and get another and continue fishing.

The first 15 mins or so were pretty quiet, but that soon changed with plenty of fish being caught. We finished with 8 keepers ranging from 27cm to 32 cm and it seemed like hundereds of throwbacks.

It turned out to be an unexpected great fishing experience on a perfect evening and something I look forward to doing again in the near future.

My neighbour has been telling me for months that he would take me out in his 15ft canoe for a night Bream session. I wouldn't say that this sounded like my preferred type of fishing, but hey, it is a summer evening on the water, so I agreed.

Headed down to Go Fish and got some bait and put the canoe in at around 8pm. Having never been in a boat like this before, I was a bit nervous, but after around 5oom of paddling I was getting used to it. We eventually pulled up out the front of some houses and started fishing. The tecnique he used was simple. A box of around 30 pre rigged handlines in the middle of the canoe with unweighted hooks as there are plenty of bust offs, so you just drop the hookless one and get another and continue fishing.

The first 15 mins or so were pretty quiet, but that soon changed with plenty of fish being caught. We finished with 8 keepers ranging from 27cm to 32 cm and it seemed like hundereds of throwbacks.

It turned out to be an unexpected great fishing experience on a perfect evening and something I look forward to doing again in the near future.

Sounds like you enjoyed your first night session on the bream :thumbup: I fish the Hawkesbury of a night on the run in tide out of my boat regularly with the same set up and home made pudding baits :1fishing1:

mudcrab1