Striped Marlin Offshore Sydney

fat

post-7801-1235865617_thumb.jpg

10:30 am saturday morning after 10 minutes of having the lines in the water zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz we were on. After a long 2 1/2 hour fight and my back brace and gimble braking we landed this 100-110kg striped marlin. Caught only a few mile away from baitstation. Water temp 24.5 degrees.

post-7801-1236574680_thumb.jpg

post-7801-1236574695_thumb.jpg

post-7801-1236574710_thumb.jpg

post-7801-1238040027_thumb.jpg

Edited by get-the-net

Guest Big-Banana

Awesome! Had mates go North (Port) and South (Nowra), both having cracker days but to get a nice Blue of Sydney, can't beat it.

post-7801-1235865617_thumb.jpg

10:30 am saturday morning after 10 minutes of having the lines in the water zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz we were on. After a long 2 1/2 hour fight and my back brace and gimble braking we landed this 110-115 kg blue marlin. Caught only a few mile away from baitstation. Water temp 24.5 degrees.

Beautiful fish top work !

Hi guys,

Well done, nice fish. Having been through the debate of stripes and juvenile blues (they have stripes evident) the fish in the photo, in my opinion, is a striped. The elongated lower jaw, length of bill and the size of the dorsal the main indicator. Some stripes can seem fairly solid through to the anal fin which have then mistaken for juvenile blues. What lure did the fish take?? Great fish.

Cheers, Rabs

Hi guys,

Well done, nice fish. Having been through the debate of stripes and juvenile blues (they have stripes evident) the fish in the photo, in my opinion, is a striped. The elongated lower jaw, length of bill and the size of the dorsal the main indicator. Some stripes can seem fairly solid through to the anal fin which have then mistaken for juvenile blues. What lure did the fish take?? Great fish.

Cheers, Rabs

caught on a 11" pink pusher. Had the same debate with a mate if it was a blue or striped.looking at the shape of the middle of tail as blue has a curve and striped is straight and where the vertical lines started and as the head comes up i called it a blue. But still not a 100% sure.

caught on a 11" pink pusher. Had the same debate with a mate if it was a blue or striped.looking at the shape of the middle of tail as blue has a curve and striped is straight and where the vertical lines started and as the head comes up i called it a blue. But still not a 100% sure.

100% Perfect example of a Stripe. Its been a bit quiet round Sydney so you did well.