Our Day At Jb

mr magoo

howdy folks ,spent a day down at jb chasing beakies,so we were on the road by 3 and arrived at murruys boat ramp by 6,so we grabed some slimies just in case and we were on our way,so we trolled plastic till we came across some bait ,so we fed out a couple of livies and we had only just put the boat in gear when the rigger released ,and dave (sideshow)was away , a decent stripie put on an awesome display with jumps and tail walking ,about 15 minutes in ,i was trying to take a still shot of the fish while it was going beserk and the boys were telling me go forward but i was concentrating on the photo and when i realized the the beakie was going to join us shortly, i hit the throttles forward and nearly deposited the boys in the drink,lol

any way we get the tag in after 45 50 minutes,great stuff ,lets go get another

back on the bait and all of 5 minutes theres a stipie swiming around at the back of the boat all lit up,so i fed him a slimie on a stella and he grabs it and im waiting for him to swim away so the circle hook can do its thing,finally it does and i tighten up , it reacts and takes off but the hook pulls after 20 or so metres of string ,argghhhh.not to worry kens(brutus) bait is taken shortly after and this fish also puts on a good dispay,,trace comes to hand while were moving forward at a few knots and as the tags about to go in it takes a dive and goes straight under the boat and comes out jumping out the other side as i dump the leader,daves lifted the motor and the leader never got caught up on anythying,how i dont know,but it didnt,a little while later the trace came to hand again and the leader let go

so we go back and about 15 minutes later we again have a lit up stripie at the transom and everey time the slimie went in the drink it would take off and it was like the beakie couldnt find it ,it was clearly agitated and turning sharply , i repeatedly sent the slimie back in front of it and it would take of under the hull and just be a %%%%% in general,it was a great site to see but we never ended up hooking it,it swam around us for 5minutes maybe on and off

then the bait scattered so we got on the troll looking for more bait and about an hour later we found heaps of bait and we spent the remainder of the day on it for zero

a great day had by all and with a little bit of luck it would of been a blinder

when i get the footage ill post it up on you tube cause i reckon we would of got some pretty good footage as daves stipie spent more time in the air then the water

the stills are ordinary but you get the jist of things

post-5893-1235985814_thumb.jpg

post-5893-1235985856_thumb.jpg

post-5893-1235985948_thumb.jpg

post-5893-1235985984_thumb.jpg

post-5893-1235986079_thumb.jpg

post-5893-1235986142_thumb.jpg

cheers arman

Hi Arman

First thing is thanks for the invite on the weekend, Very much appreciated and I had a great day fishing with you and Dave. Well worth the drive all the way to Murray's Beach boat ramp as it's a lot shorter trip out to the fishing grounds than from Crookhaven Heads. After fishing the Banks the previous couple of trips it's a very different Ball game fishing the wider grounds for me. first and foremost is the use of a very good sounder to locate the bait out there, very different than sighting them around the Banks or filling up just outside the heads.

Fantastic sight seeing those free swimming "lit up" Striped Marlin just behind the boat.

About the fast starboard turn

i hit the throttles forward and nearly deposited the boys in the drink,lol
I nearly Sh#t myself when it happened ad felt sure we were going for a Swim.
a little while later the trace came to hand again and the leader let go

I told you I now have a new name for you on the trace Arman Schwarzenegger Not that I'm saying your a bit heavy on the Trace or anything ArmanSchwarzenegger.jpg:05:

Can't wait to go out and do it all again but I hear "Management" has plans for you this weekend ???.

Probably go down the van (Greenwell Point) Thursday and either fish the Banks or the same area as the Weekend.

Once again Thanks for a Fantastic Day out in MR MAGOO. !

Big Ken

Edited by BRUTUS

long day but a great day,,,,, the stella holds a curse? 2 fish refusing to play with it . my best day marlin fishing by far . my first striped marlin ever... thanks for the invite thanks for driving home. will do it all again. LOVE KENS PIC OF YOU.....THUMBS UP

Well Done Team Magoo !

Its great when a plan comes together, the results speak for themselfs.

Was good to catch up on the radio too

Cheers

Chris

yes it was good to chat and you guys certainly brained it ,top stuff

cheers arman

Hi Arman

First thing is thanks for the invite on the weekend, Very much appreciated and I had a great day fishing with you and Dave. Well worth the drive all the way to Murray's Beach boat ramp as it's a lot shorter trip out to the fishing grounds than from Crookhaven Heads. After fishing the Banks the previous couple of trips it's a very different Ball game fishing the wider grounds for me. first and foremost is the use of a very good sounder to locate the bait out there, very different than sighting them around the Banks or filling up just outside the heads.

Fantastic sight seeing those free swimming "lit up" Striped Marlin just behind the boat.

About the fast starboard turn I nearly Sh#t myself when it happened ad felt sure we were going for a Swim.

I told you I now have a new name for you on the trace Arman Schwarzenegger Not that I'm saying your a bit heavy on the Trace or anything ArmanSchwarzenegger.jpg:05:

Can't wait to go out and do it all again but I hear "Management" has plans for you this weekend ???.

Probably go down the van (Greenwell Point) Thursday and either fish the Banks or the same area as the Weekend.

Once again Thanks for a Fantastic Day out in MR MAGOO. !

Big Ken

what you guys cant see in the photo of ken fighting that fish is that he is wearing a pink tutu,each to there own i suppsoe :tease:

Top stuff arman your the man!!

wish i could catch one of those one day ;).

Vote ; MR magoo for PM.........

Cheers

outfisher

yeh the fisrt 20 or so beakies youve caught this season dont count ah princess

cheers arman

long day but a great day,,,,, the stella holds a curse? 2 fish refusing to play with it . my best day marlin fishing by far . my first striped marlin ever... thanks for the invite thanks for driving home. will do it all again. LOVE KENS PIC OF YOU.....THUMBS UP

the stella did have a fish play with it ,its just me they dont want to play with,lol

and i know what you mean the drive home was very draining ,maybe next time ,u drive lol

and the photo of me ,well you know how shy i am ,thats why i always wear a shirt ,but well since kens posted the photo ,well now you know i work out ,lol

cheers arman

The young lass with you is certainly very accomplished as well.

Hey Dave I'm not sure if Jewgaffer knows you at all but I think the Flowing Locks in the photo has given him the wrong impression about your Gender ???

Big Ken

Hey Dave I'm not sure if Jewgaffer knows you at all but I think the Flowing Locks in the photo has given him the wrong impression about your Gender ???

Big Ken

for a lass / she did pretty good to hold on ???? remember Arman was driving

Edited by sideshow

I better read the topic I think, I'm not even sure which one's Brutus at the moment and I find Arman's silence in the matter a little confusing at this time of night and I will say that everyone under Arman and his captaincy went about their job on the marlin in a tradesperson's like manner. :thumbup:

Cheers :D

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

I better read the topic I think, I'm not even sure which one's Brutus at the moment and I find Arman's silence in the matter a little confusing at this time of night and I will say that everyone under Arman and his captaincy went about their job on the marlin in a tradesperson's like manner. :thumbup:

Cheers :D

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

its all good byron ,brutus(ken) is the big ugly fella and sideshow(dave )is a smaller but no less uglier version with just bigger hair

lol

cheers arman

Well done Arman ,

good to see you and Dave cracking a beakie out of your boat . We will have to have a video night soon as we took over 3 hours of footage at Port Stephens , you will like the footage of giant blues taking 900 metre first run on 60 kg stand up 130 tiagras . If i had not have been on the rod i would not have believed it . We ended up with 5 fish but dropped at least 20 .

Cheers John.....