Crowdy Head

chewsta

Hi Guys,

Im heading up to Crowdy Head for a 4 day weekend next week with a few other boats for my local pub,

fishing club, annual trip away. Having never fished there before I was wondering if anyone could help me out with locations to gather bait or any reefs or marks anybody is willing to help out with.

• Will be fishing out of my own boat (CHEAPSHOT) with one decky.

• Have all bases covered and will be able to fish for anything from Whiting to Marlin.

• Am able to swap GPS Co-ords of other areas in return.

• All info greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys :thumbup:

Allen.

Hi Guys,

Im heading up to Crowdy Head for a 4 day weekend next week with a few other boats for my local pub,

fishing club, annual trip away. Having never fished there before I was wondering if anyone could help me out with locations to gather bait or any reefs or marks anybody is willing to help out with.

• Will be fishing out of my own boat (CHEAPSHOT) with one decky.

• Have all bases covered and will be able to fish for anything from Whiting to Marlin.

• Am able to swap GPS Co-ords of other areas in return.

• All info greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys :thumbup:

Allen.

HI Allen, I can't help you with gps marks,when I pro fished that area we used the three brothers

norfolk pines and towers, about 50 metres outside mouth of seawall are heaps of slimies,one of our members fish there a lotI think it was Dave b or dave something,he will probably answer your thread

anyway, he's that sought of bloke,terrific place for trag and snapper, good luck anyway.

cheers Rick.

I dont fish outside there I only fish the rivers,but just a warning there is a shallow bomby just out of the harbour where the ramp is,when you turn right out of ramp keep out wide,if you can before you launch drive around to the left of the fish co-op and there is a spot where you can sit and watch the water just past it,you will see the waves breaking not far out,also I believe from talking to locals that off old bar beach area is supposed to be very productive,Brickman on here also knows the area well.good luck should be a great time up in this piece of paradise.

If you go to the Coastal Patrol office at Harrington they have put together a map with heaps of marks on it and with the lat-longs as well

I've used a few of them for some good Snapper, pearl perch etc

Think they ask for a donation of $10 to help them out

KF

Thanks Gary,

Will definitely be stopping in for one of these maps.

HI Allen, that dave I told you about,I think I got my spots mixed up

It was gary {brinkman}, those bomies they talk about,there are two lots,

one you go wide of and the other you can come inside once you get to know the area

cheers Rick

You will also see a heap of lobby pots on that reef at the front of the rockwall. Watch out for the floats as they are small. Gotta be careful early morning with the sun glare on the water as it makes them very hard to see.

The locals snorkel it for lobbies to! ;)

Greg