I-phone Marine Navionics Downloads

Yabbiehunter

Hi all

i recently got a I-Phone and @ first thought they were rubbish, but now i am amazed at the amount of usefull information/Applications available through I-Tunes..... 1 that caught my eye was the Marine Navionics Program available for download for a price of $80..... now to me this is cheaper than a normal card for a finder, i understand also the screen would be smaller, but my question is........ Has anyone tried this or downloaded this before and if so what do they think of the program????

what will they come up with next

Hi all, downloaded it and it works just like the card in my sounder, if anything it is faster and more responsive! Definately worth the 80 dollars! Havent tried it oin the boat yet but very impressed so far.

Covers the whole of Auz!

B

Hi all, downloaded it and it works just like the card in my sounder, if anything it is faster and more responsive! Definately worth the 80 dollars! Havent tried it oin the boat yet but very impressed so far.

Covers the whole of Auz!

B

Ummmm

since you paid the $80....why dont you send the file overhere so i can use it 2????

Covers the whole of Auz!

B

Would love to see some screenshots (Can you do that on the iphone?)

Mike

another iphone app that you must download is called Koredoko

its great

for you that dont no when you take a photo using the iphone it injects the GPS location into the photo

this program will show you the exact location of the photo taken

its great when your out fishing new spots

you catch a nice fish you take a photo of it and you no have the exact location of the fish you caught

like shown below

img0002vqy.png

Would love to see some screenshots (Can you do that on the iphone?)

Mike

to take screenshots press the home button and the lock button at the same time

and incase your wondering why my phone looks diffrent to yours its coz mine is highly modified

allows me to do lots of neat little tricks which i wont get into on a fishing forum

feel free to PM if you have any questions

Edited by Framedtrash

i just bought it

heres some screens

Wow - I'm convinced.

All I need now is an iPhone. I don't think this is the killer app that will convince the wife!

Mike

You know - the more I think about it - the more amazing it is.

It's the official Navionics Gold Map. See their website about it here

The iPhone store link is: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...693075&mt=8

To buy the navionics Gold map for your chartplotter, it costs $400. Oh - and you need to buy a chartplotter - $1000???

You can buy the iphone app for $80. I suppose you need to buy the iphone to. But it seems incredible value.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all its great to look up maps and areas at home, but the positioning while in the boat is not good at all. your Current position displays hundreds of meters from where you actually are.

Really?

Do you think that's the GPS on the iphone? Or the map itself being wrong? Or perhaps some bug in the application?

Might be worth checking the support forums (if there are any) - cause that's a fairly major flaw!

Mike

Yeah im not too sure mate. Either way for 80 dollars i still think is is fairly priced if you just want to check maps and plan trips etc. Definately not an option for navigating through channels at night.

I have an iphone and have seen the apps talked about - my question is:

How will you power the iphone - they use alot of power and you wouldnt be able to have the app running all day.

Anyone got an idea? Maybe install a usb plug into the dash ?

Edited by tan the fisherman

Really?

Do you think that's the GPS on the iphone? Or the map itself being wrong? Or perhaps some bug in the application?

Might be worth checking the support forums (if there are any) - cause that's a fairly major flaw!

Mike

I dont think the phone has an inbuilt gps unit.I think it operates by using triangulation of the phone system towers which may be good but not as accurate as a stand alone gps unit.

Steve

iphone 3g has built in A-GPS (Assisted GPS) which means it uses GPS and triangulation

which means its just as accurate as the one in your car the "assisted" part means it uses triangulation where gps cant be used ie indoors so when your on the boat you will have no problems

BillyD there is something wrong with your phone

make sure you have the "link to gps" option selected in the main setup

this works flawless for me and tracks my every move when on the water

make sure u select the option for "FIND GPS" in the settings to get to these settings just tap on the map key shown in the picture below

as for power i installed a ciggy adapter into my dash so i can keep my phone charged

also good for spot lights too

BTW im currently at work thats why my marker is soo far off the water :)

img00051.png

img0006y.png

img00041w.png

Edited by Framedtrash

• 2 months later...

just to keep ya updated

the app has been updated to 2.0

you can now set waypoints and a few other options

also the price has had a MASSIVE drop its now only $15

so if you got a iphone and need a plotter without spending hundreds of dollars its worth it