Fads On Saturday

dandas

I woke up Saturday morning pretty early and rather than roll over and go to sleep I figured I would put the cruise craft on the water and head out to the fads.

I launched from Sylvania waters and headed straight over to get a few livies which didn't take too long then headed straight out too the far fads. Nothing too much out there. Trolled over a couple of schools of Bonito and kept 4 for bait then did a few drifts past the fads. Managed a few rat kings but nothing worth keeping.

The wind picked up the water started getting choppy so I headed back to the bay to try and catch a few plate fish. I got a bit bored after half an hour an was really hungry so I headed up to Brads Boat Shet at Como for a Hamburger.

Once I got it I drove out to the middle of the river to eat and threw a line in for a laugh. While I was eating, my rod started bouncing around and a nice 30cm flounder decided it was lunch time as well.

After I finished I thought I would just keep drifting and start playing around with soft plastics. Managed a couple of undersize whiting then the clouds and rain came so I headed back to the ramp and pulled the boat in.

Nothing to exciting but any day catching fish is better than no fish.....

Dan

I went out on Sunday and we couldn't find either the Port Hacking FAD or the Botany Fad. They must have been underwater with the current as a few other boats were in the area looking for it as well.

All we got out there were about 12 or so Stripies, they were everywhere.

IFS

I went out on Sunday and we couldn't find either the Port Hacking FAD or the Botany Fad. They must have been underwater with the current as a few other boats were in the area looking for it as well.

All we got out there were about 12 or so Stripies, they were everywhere.

IFS

Same, we went to the port hacking fad and some fish traps that we new of and all were missing or under water. We got were stripies too,hope that current backs off a bit.

Mike

We were out on Satuday, got to the bait grounds just on daybreak and quickly filled the tanks then made the run to Terrigal fad. On arriving we quickly hooked up 1 57cm dolly, :thumbup: a promising start but stayed an hour and couldnt raise another, lots of traffic, fish had gone down deep and refused to play.

So tried Broken Bay fad but came up zilch, the current was just too strong to get a fair go. Trolled around for another hour then gave up for the flathead grounds off Avoca on, but quickly ran out of sinkers as we were plagued by to those pirahnas of the deep ,leatherjackets. :ranting2:

Quick troll inside Pittwater, hoping for a kingy to take home but no takers. It was that sort of day and so went home dejected with an empty esky. It was a nice day to be out fishing but sometimes it is hard work. :05: