Fishing Currarong

dreaflym

G’day raiders,

Plan to go to Currarong during Easter. Looking for some help about fishing there.

1. What species are on during easter period around there?

2. Rock fishing: looks perfect from google map, I’ve found couple of spots looked decent. Does anyone know who to reach any of the spots? I don’t have gear for those famous LB Marlin or Tuna. But fishing kingie off the rock or catch some drummers and gropers, good reds will be my goal.

86671473.jpg

3. Beach ledge: does Salmon, tailor hangs around there during this time of the year? I would love to flick some lures during the morning as we live quite close to the south end of the beach.

4. Beach fishing: worth a try?

Thanks in advance for any help!

G’day raiders,

Plan to go to Currarong during Easter. Looking for some help about fishing there.

1. What species are on during easter period around there?

2. Rock fishing: looks perfect from google map, I’ve found couple of spots looked decent. Does anyone know who to reach any of the spots? I don’t have gear for those famous LB Marlin or Tuna. But fishing kingie off the rock or catch some drummers and gropers, good reds will be my goal.

86671473.jpg

3. Beach ledge: does Salmon, tailor hangs around there during this time of the year? I would love to flick some lures during the morning as we live quite close to the south end of the beach.

4. Beach fishing: worth a try?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Mate its a big hike around to a, b and c from the carpark (bottom left in your pic) with fishing gear. Some really nice spots all around that headland though. GOod luck its a great spot.

Mate its a big hike around to a, b and c from the carpark (bottom left in your pic) with fishing gear. Some really nice spots all around that headland though. GOod luck its a great spot.

Thanks mate. So do I go along the coastal line or walk through the bushtracks? looks like there are huge cliffs around Spot B and C. Can you catually get down there from the bush track?

Edited by Dreaflym

Thanks mate. So do I go along the coastal line or walk through the bushtracks? looks like there are huge cliffs around Spot B and C. Can you catually get down there from the bush track?

Location A is called Little Beecroft & B , Beecroft Head. Both are good fishing platforms

Use the bush tracks to access these spots.

Note that part of the area is a marine park , here is the map

http://www.mpa.nsw.gov.au/pdf/JBMP-zoning-...uide-Part-B.pdf

Beach fishing , the best spot used to be near Hamerhead. Un fotunatly this is now a restricted area (pink).

From my experience , other parts of the beach are not very productive so suggest you focus on the rocks.

There are several spots south of Beecroft , from memory the last few hundred meters can be very dificult so would not be rushing to fish places like location C

There used to be a large , detailed map in the General Store. It is worth a visit to check it out

Geoff

Location A is called Little Beecroft & B , Beecroft Head. Both are good fishing platforms

Use the bush tracks to access these spots.

Note that part of the area is a marine park , here is the map

http://www.mpa.nsw.gov.au/pdf/JBMP-zoning-...uide-Part-B.pdf

Beach fishing , the best spot used to be near Hamerhead. Un fotunatly this is now a restricted area (pink).

From my experience , other parts of the beach are not very productive so suggest you focus on the rocks.

There are several spots south of Beecroft , from memory the last few hundred meters can be very dificult so would not be rushing to fish places like location C

There used to be a large , detailed map in the General Store. It is worth a visit to check it out

Geoff

Thanks Geoff! great info there. I will check with local stores regarding to the marine park details as well. can't wait for the actions!

Just another quick question, what can be caught at those spots during easter period? is king still on? Thanks...

Edited by Dreaflym

I haven't been down that way for years. I used to have a van at the Caravan Park there and before we got a boat we used to struggle to catch anything off the beach or rocks. When we did get a boat the options were endless ..... As I recall the places you have marked have some whopping cliffs and have no idea how you would get down there.

Another option is jump in the car and go to LONG BEACH SOUTH in jervis bay (you need to go through security at beecroft) you wont catch any kings here but will atleast catch something..... the area bit smelly and shallow so be prepare to get your legs wet but good for whiting, flatties and if you walk along the stones you might get a squid or two. This place is great when the North Easter is blowing as it seems to all the time when your down the south coast another place is Honeymoon bay on the rocks I haven't had much luck there but friends of mine have and if you don't catch anything it is a beautiful place to swim.... It's gunna be hot hot hot.

cheers

AZZ00

Thanks Geoff! great info there. I will check with local stores regarding to the marine park details as well. can't wait for the actions!

Just another quick question, what can be caught at those spots during easter period? is king still on? Thanks...

Unable to advise on the what may be happening during Easter. A lot will depend on water temp at the time.

We mainly fished for bottom dewelers , not surface fish

In respect to access , Little Beecroft (A) is easy to access off the bush track , the cliffs do not start for a few hundred mt south

Beecroft , location B , as seen on your map there is a gully just next to it. The bush track leads to this gully then there is a narrow track down the northern side. Not a place for young children but the track down whilst narrow is OK. There are a few rocks to climb down in the last few mt's but not too difficult & not dangerous.

Geoff

Edited by Geoff

judging by the Australian fish records and the frequent mention of this place, i'd say it's a kick ass big game spot so if i were you i'd be packing some heavy gear for sure hehehe (read a book recently on LBG which mentions the records and names of different LBG spots)

really interested to hear how you go

good luck and tight lines!!! :)

nathen,

I'm going to live in Currarong town. somewhere close to the rock pool. are you fishing Beecroft during easter as well?

dinos22,

Thanks dude! I've heard Jervis bay, Beecroft are premium LBG spots. Not sure this is the right season or not though. I do have some heavy gear for gropers. But I really don't have all the monster gears with huge spools for big tuna and marlin off the rock. But i will try my luck on big kings on my Abu Garcia 7000. Even witnessing someone hook up a black marlin off the rock will be awsome!