Anyone For Fishing On My Tinny?

Hi all,

I recently bought a tinny but i dont have a car to tow it to and from the ramp. I know it sounds pretty stupid but my mates have cars that do the job so they always happy to be the driver if they can fish. The problem is that i have Tuesday afternoons off every week and my mates are usually working so it sits idle in my back garden. What i was hoping for is for a fishing buddy that has a car that is capable of towing the boat to and from the ramp and i would provide petrol and the boat. I think its a reasonable proposition but i will see if anyone replies. I live in Leichhardt and i have used the ramp at Five Dock but its pretty shit. The one at Tunks Park is great but it does involve driving over the bridge with the boat. If any raiders read this that think this is a bad idea inviting people that i dont know please message me and tell me. I am actually taking someone out on Tuesday so the following Tuesday would be first op. Here is the boat anway. Fishes two quite comfortably so if you can handle the smell of my ciggies and the odd bit of light hearted abuse should you get busted off it might be a possible match. My Mrs hates fishing so the more i do when she isnt around the better.

Heres the beast.

post-9512-1237546642_thumb.jpg

Cheers.

Mike.

so if you can handle the smell of my ciggies and the odd bit of light hearted abuse should you get busted off it might be a possible match

Damn I have to work Tuesdays. I reckon I could give you a good run for your money on both counts.

Dave

Hey mate, dont worry about taking out someone you dont know, i have been out with 5 or 6 raiders who were nice enough to take me out with out knowing each other and have had a top day with all. Worst thing that could happen is that you dont get along in which case you dont invite them out again!

Hi Wantingboat I was unable to answer your pm the other day asking my opinion on the right way to go about finding a fellow member to fish with who had a tow bar on his vehicle.....

Your offer in suppying the boat is a good opportunity for members who no longer own a boat for whatever reason to get back into boat fishing and also an inviting offer for our land based members to fish in a nice little bay and estuary boat... Going on the photo in one of your previous posts I can see that you are a good style of a bloke and a responsible married man and the only thing I suggest you do for future comfort for yourself and for your offsider is simply to add a swivel chair with the necessary attachments to your stern and bow benches and perhaps add a few spare rod holders and maybe a high bimini with the straps out of the way......

I'm fussy who I fish wish and I have fished with a good number of members and you will find that the majority of Fishraider members are good hearted, level headed and intelligent blokes and good company in general, and on that note I would have no hesitation whatsover in recommended you to others.

All the best with it wantingaboat, it's obvious you have the right attitude and you'll find there will be plenty of members wanting to help with the tow vehicle just to be able to fish with you

Cheers :thumbup:

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Thanks Jewgaffer Your comments were very nice however i am not married as yet. Spent my money on the boat so the ring will have to wait a bit longer. I have a few things like rod holders and a navman 4500 fishfinder to install yet and a fellow raider is going to help me do this. Another very kind offer from a fellow raider. Went out today in sydney harbour but only got one fish. It was the boats first king though so was pretty happy. 60cm so back she went to fight another day. My mate and i were testing out our new rods/reels and trying for some big stuff which might have resulted in the less that impressive catch.

G day mike

My name is Nick known as mr kingy in the forums . About the offer about going out on tuesdays for a fish on your tinny . NICE TINNY BY THE WAY .

I would really like to take you up on the offer. I am a subcontractor / chippy and from time to time i could get tuesdays of , or i could re arrange my week to go out for a fish ( rather be fishing than working ) . i know a lot of good spots in the harbour to get bait ( livies ) and i love chasing kings but also other species .

I am a smoker myself so not to worry about that and i own a 80 series landcruiser ready to tow any boat . i own a boat but its out of action . new motor needed.

If your keen to maybe take me up on the offer give us a call on 0438 406 714 or send us a message, ALWAYS KEEN FOR A FISH , LIKE THEY SAY FISH HARD OR GO HOME .

NICK

Nice reply mr kingy and I'm sure Wantingabout will really appreciate you offering your tow vehicle so that you can fish together on Tuesdays. You sound like an experienced harbour fisherman to me, so I hope you both have the best of luck in your sessions together :thumbup:

Cheers

Nice reply mr kingy and I'm sure Wantingabout will really appreciate you offering your tow vehicle so that you can fish together on Tuesdays. You sound like an experienced harbour fisherman to me, so I hope you both have the best of luck in your sessions together :thumbup:

Cheers

I do appreciate any replies to my posts and thanks Nick. I have sent you a PM so hopefully you are free on the 7th as i am taking someone out this Tuesday. In its first two real outings i have only got 1 king so help with live baiting would be great. Never caught anything on live bait yet. Cheers Mike.