Gaint Garfish

gooddong

no need for lifeline or phone a friend eh....

long tom here as well....

and watch those choppers as they have a habbit of shaking there head and drawing blood :ranting2: ...

or jumping off hook and biting leg when wading shallows up lake mac but thats another story. :074: .

cheers...steve.....

• 2 years later...

i would say its not a long tom, first reason that it doesnt have that really long beak, second the face of long tom looks kinda square, i caught around 20 longtoms in the harbour which were all different sizes, had great fun on light gear, the longest one was 1.2m

Easy to tell the difference between a Long Tom and a Garfish, Seager. If it bites you and you bleed it's a Long Tom. Don't put your hand near their mouth... they've got wicked dentures.

Cheers, Sliniky

Lol slinky...... i can just picture those bitey little buggers right now. They have an amazing ability to turn on themselves and have a go at you.... They are also agressive little buggers.... we have de hooked one and chucked it back in the water only to have it do an instant 180 and come at the side of the boat nashing its teeth! Quite amuzing as long as those jaws dont find their mark.

Easy to tell the difference between a Long Tom and a Garfish, Seager. If it bites you and you bleed it's a Long Tom. Don't put your hand near their mouth... they've got wicked dentures.

Cheers, Sliniky

Thats a nasty way to test :risata: Edited by Groper