Cruise Craft

olitay

Anyone got one or know about them? would love some feedback in particular why they are comonly refered to as "Bruise" Craft. I can only guess that they are are a not too forgiving heading into a sea???

Any comments would be appreciated as im thinking of purchasing.

Like i said had a few beers and the Mrs has gone to bed so thought i might try and do a bit of research. Hope this helps.

Outsider 550

Specifications

� Length 5.50 m

� Length with Bow Sprit 5.90 m

� Beam 2.37 m

� Maximum hp 150 hp

� Fuel Capacity approx 160 L

� Weight Hull Approx 720 kg

Here is a quote:

"We tested a few boats when we were looking.

My personal opinion:

Haines 580 breeze and Haines Signature TC175 all felt too narrow and I felt crowded on the "dance floor" as far as fishing room was concered.

Took a Quinnie 570 Spirit out on the water and was really disappointed. Bad ride, bad tracking, and the Mercury Salt Water 115 hp 2Stroke was just horrible. Shocking cavitation, needed heaps of revs to get 4 people out of the hole and needed to be trimmed all the way in all the time. Pedastal seats felt weak and in danger of breaking off at the base - it just all felt wrong and uncomfortable.

I would have liked to test a Streaker but we just don't see them up here in QLD - but everyone else on here raves about them so if I were you I'd at least get a test in one if I could.

We tested a Cruise Craft Outsider 550 - end of story. I just couldn't believe how well it rode, turned, tracked and planed. it's got all the gear so it was bloody expensive but it's a hardcore boat with soft touches like toilet, camper covers etc so the misses loved it too. We took it out to the Jumpinpin Bar in 1.5m-2m wind chop and it just lapped it up and stable as hell. I took a mate who has always been a plate boat junkie - I think he has a bit peeved that it went so well!

So that's what I think...good luck! "

Thats cut and pasted from another site and a genuine review. Sounds like a beast to me. I aint trying to flog them i own a tinny.

ive never been in a 5.5metre outsider but i have spent a bit of time in an old 5.5 cruise craft reefranger

and i have to tell you that old hull impressed the hell out of me ,at the time i had a 17ft Caribbean and the difference between the two boats was enormous

take it for a spin ,thats the only way you can be sure you will be happy parting with your hard earned

cheers arman

Anyone got one or know about them? would love some feedback in particular why they are comonly refered to as "Bruise" Craft. I can only guess that they are are a not too forgiving heading into a sea???

Any comments would be appreciated as im thinking of purchasing.

I've never heard that before.

I've owned a few fibreglass boats in my time and been on quite a few. None of them have impressed me as much as the Cruisecraft I recently sold to my brother in law.

They are expensive, but they are a fantastic boat.

“Hi BillyD, you getting rid of the Signature?, my mate has a Cruise Craft Outsider and I would rate the ride of your Signature to be a better, softer and much better overall performer!. They have been referred to as “Bruise” craft because they tend to bang about in a head wind, a much heavier boat than the Signature too. Thats just my 2 cents worth.”

Thanks for all the pms guys, have decided against the Cruise Craft in the end. Looks like My Signature will better suite my needs at this stage!. I just need to pimp her up now, bring on the Lowrance HDS, SS rocket Launchers and away i go!

:)