Update

Littledinghy

Hi Raiders,

Just to update you on our request for rubbish bin at Port Kembla wall, got a call from Woollongong Council

and was informed that the area is out of their jurisdiction, according to them it is the Port Authority's responsibilty.

Would it be alright with you guys if I send them a request on behalf of Raiders, I am thinking if I do it on behalf of myself, it may not weigh much. What do you think, guys?

Littledinghy,

PS: If we are not succesful, I will just have to bring bigger bags everytime I go there.

Hi Raiders,

Just to update you on our request for rubbish bin at Port Kembla wall, got a call from Woollongong Council

and was informed that the area is out of their jurisdiction, according to them it is the Port Authority's responsibilty.

Would it be alright with you guys if I send them a request on behalf of Raiders, I am thinking if I do it on behalf of myself, it may not weigh much. What do you think, guys?

Littledinghy,

PS: If we are not succesful, I will just have to bring bigger bags everytime I go there.

Hi Littledinghy

Send me details of a short statement and I will start a poll. You might like to link the results in your letter to the authorities.

Send to fishraider@iinet.net.au

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

• 3 weeks later...

Mate bins or no bins, we all need to take sum responsibility. Just take ur crap home with ya for gods sake, its 1/10th the weight on the way back whats the big deal? If we all wernt so worried about carrying a bit of rubbish on a short trip back ppl wouldnt be tempted to leave the stuff all over the environment. Port kembla breakwalls are an absolute digrace to all that is of mankind.

Some people are just inconsiderate turds and it wouldnt matter if u put 500 bins on that breakwall they would still throw their bait bags and crap into the rock crevices and leave stuff on the pathway.

I like the initiative though. Good to know their are others who really care.

Musty

Fair go mate, I'm not that keen on taking old bait etc. home with me to put in my household bin to stink the whole street out, but if there's bins where I fish, like there is at the boat ramps I use (not at the port break walls) I most certainly use them.

Are you trying to tell us you take your old bait & bait bags etc. home and put it in your own household bin?

I think bins anywhere people fish is a great idea!

Thanks for the concern guys, the main reason why I requested for the bin there is that Concern Fishos like us would be able to pick up some crap (not all) left by those inconsiderate people and chuck it in the bin instead of taking it home, like what I did the last time I was there.

Anyway, I still haven't written a request to show to the Admin, sorry. I have to ask the missus to write it for me, because, you know English is not my first language and have difficulty expressing myself. But as soon as it is done I will send it to the Admin and you guys can decide whether I could use the Raiders name.

Littledinghy