Disturbing News...

SimJ

Went down to Clifton Gardens in the afternoon with a mate. Pretty quiet evening but my mate got busted off by something huge after just dropping in some fresh squid (he called it for a big kingy).

An elderly couple were the only others fishing on the whole wharf :thumbup:

but when we began to leave as it got dark the old man came up to us and asked if we were going, we told him we were and he said in that case he and his wife would leave too. I asked him why this was? and his answer was quite disturbing.

He told us that recently they had been there at night and a group of men had come and taken all the fish he and others had caught, stolen there buckets... He didnt think it was safe there for him and his wife and both left promptly after us.

I thought this was pretty disgusting and by the way he told us it sounded as if it was a fairly regular occurance.

Has anyone else heard or seen anything like this happen? The F@$*wits that are responsible are cowards to go after innocent people like that.

That's a shocker Simmo- I only hope they have reported it to the police (as anyone else should do if it happened to them.) If anyone sees anything like that, anywhere, & has a mobile phone with them, they should contact the police immediately.

Roberta

I must admit, I don't fish into the evenings on my own down here either ('specially on secluded beaches like I used to when I first arrived here 10 years ago) due to feeling very insecure.

Its a shame that we cant feel safe doing something that we love anymore. People like the ones that took the fish, buckets etc., should be caught, cubed and thrown to the sharks or else just hooked and thrown out as a livie.

That poor couple, enjoying a quiet fish, and having something like that happen to them. What is the world coming to.

Remember raiders, keep a vigilant eye on your belongings and your surroundings, especially the young and the elderly. The young are our future and the elderly, is what we will all be one day god willing, and I know for one that I would like to have faith in my fellow man and have someone kind help me if anything happened.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

that is really awful, what happens when they pick on the wrong fisherman? the one tool almost all fisherman carry close is a knife, id think it was a dumb idea to pick on one.

Cheers

Cory

Roberta, Slinky unfortunately I doubt the couple I met had reported these people to the police. They both struggled with english and just seemed like the easy going type wanting no confrontations.

Dinos, I think they go there fishing in a large group then wait till late and just take the "easy target's" buckets and fish by show of force.

That is sad wtf me and the boys might have to do a session or two down there and hope the bast@rds show up then feed them to the fish

Cheers Jewieslayer

Uh uh jewieslayer no talk of that sort of behaviour here please. We would all like to have a go at these scumbags but leave it to the authorities please.

That place is known for its lowlife. If someone wants to be helpful make that call to the police to let them know.

mrsswordfisherman

It will be "small fish" for the cops though. Pardon the pun.

I dont think they will give too much attention to that.

They obviously targeted the elder couple be it for their age or their language barrier.

It will be "small fish" for the cops though. Pardon the pun.

I dont think they will give too much attention to that.

They obviously targeted the elder couple be it for their age or their language barrier.

You reckon? Fishraiders come in all shapes and sizes tevoro - we have lots of members on here from all walks of life :busted_cop:

mrsswordie

Its a shame that we cant feel safe doing something that we love anymore. People like the ones that took the fish, buckets etc., should be caught, cubed and thrown to the sharks or else just hooked and thrown out as a livie.

That poor couple, enjoying a quiet fish, and having something like that happen to them. What is the world coming to.

Remember raiders, keep a vigilant eye on your belongings and your surroundings, especially the young and the elderly. The young are our future and the elderly, is what we will all be one day god willing, and I know for one that I would like to have faith in my fellow man and have someone kind help me if anything happened.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

Well said 100% ditto

I have never posted any comments, But i'm a regular and love to read reports But that has to be the one that take the cake. I haven't fished at clifton gardens for at least 15years. And that is very Sad to say the least. I wish something like that would happen to me, Especially when the family brothers are around God can only save them............

It's not surprising how you don't feel comfortable fishing by yourself at night these days, even when fishing with a friend...... I've got a little slower now than what I used to be as you could always look at their brow and see a slow working mechano set being steadily re-assembled above a few uncertain blinks and a wide open mouth under an uneven moustache, and a protruding bottom lip perhaps with ginger hair hanging off it..... You could always pysch them out of it, as soon as you saw any body language that didn't add up to near getting blown off a wharf, no matter whether they were understeady on their feet, irrational after a party, or were simply big boofheads with short protruding brows who look like the comic version of popeyes rival, Brutus, standing motionless looking like a hotted up car with a big body and moronic head poking out of a sun roof....

A few years ago on a lousy night, I was approached by a group of similiar boofheads and noticed the hotted up car facing up the hill..... They asked a few illiterate questions while eying off my Penn reels, but by the time I finished rolling my smoke and continually looking up the hill as their valium or whatever it was was setting in, I noticed they were following my repeated gazes in rythme with me somewhat cross eyed......., Trying to out think me, they must have expected a band of wild Indians would come riding down the hill any minute, so in their open confusion they suddenly took off run up the hill from side to side and left a trail of burning rubber and porch lights.

That is a my story in reply to this post, so it is a true story in descriptive style and this case a little warning to be carefull, particularly when fishing late at night.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Very, very sad on all accounts. The poor couple that had to endure these morons. These people have usually picked up their doll cheque, visited their family at Silverwater jail, and polished their hotted up Torana for the week so get bored and pray on others in big groups. Maybe they were hoping all the good oils in the fish might repair their brains.

Very, very sad on all accounts. The poor couple that had to endure these morons. These people have usually picked up their doll cheque, visited their family at Silverwater jail, and polished their hotted up Torana for the week so get bored and pray on others in big groups. Maybe they were hoping all the good oils in the fish might repair their brains.

Couldn't agree more. Only the weak and the wimpy ( I think that I am tough attitude) type of people pray on the vunerable and the elderly. That is why they operate in packs. On their own, they are nothing. They need their mates around to say I am tough, look what I can do. Very sad indeed that this is happening.