Boat Floor Finished

tide'n'knots

Nice work pete ,

A very nice job there , I guess i will have to put a storage like that in my tinny so i can free up the cluttered deck . Definatley give you more room :thumbup: .

Cheers John..... :1fishing1:

Thanks john,

the next project is side pockets. Although it will encroach on the floor space slightly, as you say it wil help clean up the clutter and keep the floor tidy. nothing worse than trying to fight a fish with crap under your feet.

That looks pretty professional there Pete :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

thanks stewy as you can see I didnt go tonight!! I just couldnt be bothered.

Next week I am gonna get me a serious jew!

Pete

job well done Pete,

you can start on mine next :074::074:

twin 1 :thumbup:

No worrys mate the whole thing only cost me about 250 bucks so it wasnt real dear! give us a yell if you want to do yours and I will gladly help!

Hey T'n'K. That is a fantasitc job. As always i love to see home done work more than if it was fitted by a profesional. Often the work is better or at least just a good. I guess there is something about working on your own boat that means you try and make it perfect. I have a small tinny that has a floor in the back and middle but not up the front. Dont know why they didnt just fit the whole thing....? I will take some pictures tonight and was hoping you might be able to help with the best way to install a small floor there. I would like there to be a hatch in it as i store my life jackets under the front seat (thwart) and need to be able to access it. Cheers Mike.

Very tidy, Pete! You could get a job fitting out boats! :)

Now, how about a blow by blow description of your 'surround tarp' for long evenings on the water!? :) It really is very clever (along with your 'all round' night light/rod alert! :1prop:

Cheerio

Roberta

Now, how about a blow by blow description of your 'surround tarp' for long evenings on the water!? :) It really is very clever (along with your 'all round' night light/rod alert! :1prop:

Cheerio

Roberta

Nice job, very neat Pete.... if you've got any carpet left over, you can cut a second piece straight over the top and when it gets a bit dirty, take it off and scrub it down and you'll be able to keep the new carpet looking as good as new...Anyway that's what I have done in the past to my carpeted boats.

Tell you what mate, when you make this overhead canvas, use a pole in each corner and turn it into a reversible Yangtsie River Sanpan tour boat .....when you're into the Wiseman's fish and if any other boats come close, try the old Greek caper, just grab a bowl of sphagetti and put on a pair of sunglasses and wear a paddy field hat :1yikes::thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Cheerio

Roberta

hi roberta,

as of the weekend of the 26th I will have a new custom made canopy! with proper zip up side curtains and front clears being put on a little later, as I am going to spend the following week at wismans ferry chasing jews and unfortunately they only have time to finish the bimini and not the rest before I go. I am planning to keep a diary if I can disipline myself enough to write in it each day, I should have a great report when the trip is over. Twin 1 ( marcel) is going to join me for 1 or 2 nights so it should be fun.

I havent booked in yet but I am planning on staying where you and cam stayed, if you can swing a day or two your welcome to come down and have a fish also if you like.

- the old home made canopy is just about on its last legs I can stick my big head through the top of it!

however the white light will still be mounted in the same spot, its costing a small fortune but it will be worth it I cant wait!

Pete.

Edited by tide'n'knots

ooooh! SOunds like another fishing orgy coming up! Hope the big boys come to the party! Will butter up the other half & see if I can sneak off for a couple of nights during the week! :1prop:

Roberta

Hey T'n'K. That is a fantasitc job. As always i love to see home done work more than if it was fitted by a profesional. Often the work is better or at least just a good. I guess there is something about working on your own boat that means you try and make it perfect. I have a small tinny that has a floor in the back and middle but not up the front. Dont know why they didnt just fit the whole thing....? I will take some pictures tonight and was hoping you might be able to help with the best way to install a small floor there. I would like there to be a hatch in it as i store my life jackets under the front seat (thwart) and need to be able to access it. Cheers Mike.

hey mike under a hatch or the seat is probably not the best place to keep a life jacket as they need to be accsessable in case of emergency.

I use to keep mine under the front seat until one day I got checked out by waterways on the harbour and the guy basically said the same thing to me - I never gave it a thought until then but he was right. they really need to be somewhere that they will float to the top of the water if god forbid the vessel overturns or sinks. - just a thought.

Pete.