End Of A Good Reel

Guest bluecod

Guest bluecod
I've also gotta add what a top effort from Cajun too to give away a reel that holds such great memories for him.  Thats really what good fishing fellas are all about eh. Good stuff Ken    :thumbup: .

37289[/snapback]

:1worthy: Cajun,

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation to a bloke who would give away such a treasure to an old fart he's never met before. Ken, much appreciated. Where my reel has faults, your's shines and vice versa. I will be able to rebuild them using the best from both and will end up with an excellent reel that I hope will last many more years to come.

Many thanks :1clap::1clap::1clap::1clap:

:1worthy: Cajun, 

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation to a bloke who would give away such a treasure to an old fart he's never met before. Ken, much appreciated. Where my reel has faults, your's shines and vice versa. I will be able to rebuild them using the best from both and will end up with an excellent reel that I hope will last many more years to come.

Many thanks  :1clap:  :1clap:  :1clap:  :1clap:

37612[/snapback]

Pleasure is all mine Bluecod. I hope you get as many happy years from the rebuild as I did from the original :D

Cheers

Ken

I am astounded that Shakespeare make such crap these days.  Gee they let the quality slip over the years.

37289[/snapback]

Pete - I missed this one.

The newer shakespeares are branded under the pflueger range, and are very impressive in my book. I own small threadlines and am very happy with them.

I think Shakespeare may be on the way back - they have certainly made improvements with the last lot of threadlines I got to play with.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

Memories.

I had two blueys as well One lays off the wharf at bobbin head. I only put it down for a moment an then with a final whiz of that smoooooth drag a monster of the deep hauled it out to Davey Jones. I was so upset that I went back the next day with snorkel and goggles on a search mission to no avail. The other expired from over work while I lived in FNQ mainly at Weipa.

They were great gear

Pogo