Shared 1st Marlin

bender

Hi all Went out off botany bay yesterday. water was flat as could do 30knotts at times. Ran out to the 70fathom mark and put out the spead. Trolled for about 2 mins when we came across a nice temp break (went from 20 degress-24.8 degress). As soon as we hit it off went the left rigger. The crap thing was it took a tld25 with 15kg with the cheapest lure. So i grab the rod and line was peeling off at speed. The other boys cleared the deck. I was just holding on. The fish didnt jump or anythink She just stayied straight down. So anyway it was just a tug o war id get line then she would take it back. This lasted of an hour Before we had our first look at it. A nice stiped marlin. Now to cut a long story short. I fought this fish for 5.5 hours Before a had to pass the rod. The fish stayied about 150 mtrs off the boat the whole time.. So my mate with fresh legs straps in for his turn. Off she went again. After another hour and a half we get it to the boat she stayied about 2mtrs the whole time. we took some pics and she ran under the boat and (POP). So in total it was a 7 hour fight. Im not sure on the weight maybe 100+ But on a sports fishing set up not bad. By the end of the fight we ended up east of the southin canyons. Towed us all over the ocean. But Something ill never forget. And today im still feeling the pain. Next time (no tld25's) haha.

Benny

(Bender/Anakiwa)

ill Post some pics soon.

post-5996-1239513158_thumb.jpg

post-5996-1239513183_thumb.jpg

post-5996-1239513198_thumb.jpg

post-5996-1239513215_thumb.jpg

post-5996-1239513228_thumb.jpg

Edited by bender

ONYA BENNY

CONGRATULATIONS MATE

one word for you ,you big softie (voltaren)

seriously mate ,its great to see you on the board,of to a cracking start with a quality fish and some good pics to boot

certainly better effort then the last fish you caught :1prop:

post-5893-1239513935_thumb.jpg

well done mate

cheers arman

Man I didnt even have any pain killer with me :( . But atleast my home made outriggers worked. :biggrin2: . Thanks mate. Next a big blue. lol But on a tiagra50 loaded with 24kg and a wind-on not a (tld25 with 15kg with rod lenth 100lb leader... :ranting2: )

great photos. don t mean to sound like a @#$# just wondering how you guys managed to spend 7 hours on a stripe wich you didn t manage to land.

Mate you have no idea. Have you ever been hooked up to a fish on a tld25? And we could have gaffed it but what was the point i wasnt going to eat it. I would rather let someone else have a crack at her. We had it at the boat for 5mins taking pics and video. My mate Who has caught a few marlin said he's never seen one so stuborn ever. It didnt even jump once. We drove off this fish over 50 time it just kept going deep under the boat.