Pb Flatty

doug43

Hi All,

I haven't posted on the site for awhile so i thought i'd share a pic of a flathead i caught and released recently at Crescent Head.

I caught this fish while wading and flicking around a little Atomic Prong. It came right at the end of day that had already provided a great session on smaller flathead.

Just a little proof that those multiple 'one last cast' situations can come up with the goods!

post-7411-1239703659_thumb.jpg

That's a superb lizard :thumbup: Arrgh... the old one last cast - congrats

Any stats?

Cheers,

Cam

Hey Cam,

She measured about 85cm but this was only guaged by holding the rod against her and measuring later i was wading with only the bare essentials. I didn't really expect such good things from this little river.

All i know is it was by far the biggest heaviest lizard i've tangled with. I was pretty happy!

cheers.

Doug.

Hey Cam,

She measured about 85cm but this was only guaged by holding the rod against her and measuring later i was wading with only the bare essentials. I didn't really expect such good things from this little river.

All i know is it was by far the biggest heaviest lizard i've tangled with. I was pretty happy!

cheers.

Doug.

Awsome lizard :1yikes: , Going up to Cresso in may for a week :biggrin2: .

I have heard of a few croc's being caught in the creek but never that far down. There's also a school of big salmon in there as well, got washed in just before Chrissy 08.

Top fish mate,well done.

p.s i'll be packing some Atomics.

Hey Mate

Excellent fish, what the measurements go on her, excellent colours in the fish. Must be sitting in mud and the weed for a while.

What rod and reel where you using, braid and leader.

Cheers

Steve

G'day mate , that is a nice looking lizard, I was only a few k's down the road over the Easter break catching nice bream and whiting off the beaches at Delicate, when was this nice flattie caught,..

Nice catch.

Cheers..

G'day mate , that is a nice looking lizard, I was only a few k's down the road over the Easter break catching nice bream and whiting off the beaches at Delicate, when was this nice flattie caught,..

Nice catch.

Cheers..

Hi Mate,

I saw your report from Knobby great spot isn't it. We got some great waves there during the trip.

The fish was caught a week or so before easter and the day the big rains hit there. I was lucky to get the one day of fishing in because after that the river flooded and came up about a foot in depth, tried to fish it with the flood water but didn't catch a single lizard with so much fresh.

Hey Mate

Excellent fish, what the measurements go on her, excellent colours in the fish. Must be sitting in mud and the weed for a while.

What rod and reel where you using, braid and leader.

Cheers

Steve

Hey Steve,

She went about 85 cms.

I just use a starlo stix lite spin with a stradic 2500, 6lb fire line 8 lb yozuri flourocarbon..... I was wishing the leader was twice as thick once i felt the weight of this fish but i was lucky in that it was hooked just under the mouth away from those shredding teeth!

8lb is light i know but it does ok on normal sized flatties and helps increase the by catch....... i think.

Doug.