Anzac Day On The Bay

Hutts

Hey Raiders,

My brother an I thought we would spend Anzac Day on Botany Bay :1fishing1: . After getting my fishing pass signed by the :wife: we launced at 6am. Flicked a variety of different colour and sized SP's around for about an hour with no luck, only one strike, but no hook up - so we gave that the flick (so to speak) and out came the bait.

Pilchards was the chosen bait and out it went, after the second drift, my bother lands a keeper flatty. A few more drifts and a few strikes, one undersized flatty landed. The wind started to pick up and (as always) one last cast before we kicked the engine into gear and head for shelter. My Penn reals it hit and there is some nice weight at the other end. A nice little (6lb - no leader) fight was had and a couple of trips around my tinnie as the thing tried its best to do my under the boat. My brother done a great net job and a nice healthy flatty was landed :thumbup:

We moved to calmer waters and another undersized flatty was caught then we called it a day (well morning anyway)..

I noticed that all flatty's caught were quite fat, even the undersized ones..must be plenty of food in the bay.

Anyway, only 2 keepers, but enough for dinner with a couple of :beersmile: ........lovley

Cheers

Hutts

post-3439-1240743406_thumb.jpg