Backyard Lizard.

Jewhunter

G'day all. Just a quick report from this morning.

I had thoughts of going for a bass fish this morning but the :wife: put paid to that so I had a flick out the back to see what was around.

1st cast I drop what felt like a good flattie & I dropped another one soon after. Managed this nice 50cm fish which was kept for the table & c&r'd another around 35cms. All on 5" jerk shads in nuclear chicken on a 1/4 ounce jig head.

Beautiful morning! 24C, warm, sunny & no wind.

Cheers,

Grant.

What a top back yard Grant, nice size flathead ...crumbed fillets would be good :thumbup: not a real safe swimming pool tho especially if you wire a leg of mutton and send the old Slinky out to drop it into the channel and tie the chain end to a strong enough tree, ay mate :1yikes:

Cheers mate

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Thanks for the replies fellas.

We're very lucky to live here I reckon. It can get a bit angry in a flood but most of the time it is just beautiful.

When I say backyard I really mean it. Here's a pic out back I just took for you all.

Byron, you're not wrong mate. There have been a few bull sharks around up here atm chasing the mullet schools. J.J wanted to swim in the river the other day. He got a firm NO!!!

Cheers,

Grant.

Jealous doesn't come close, top spot Grant, and a nice lizard too, great spot for a B-B-Q, so when's the invite coming in the mail, or we could have a JEWHUNTER SOCIAL..:gathering:

Cheers....

Only one small detail missing....Where's the 120 rod holders across the back fence ?

...just in case you hold a fishing club meeting / bbq in your backyard.

Seriously, what a nice place to throw in a casual 130lb tiagra bent-butt with a sheep for bait and just wait for that run, while mowing the lawn....

What part of the world are you in?

Property prices there might just skyrocket after those lovely pics...

Also, how can the wife knock you back a bass trip? She just has to lean over the back fence and yell out

"Byyyyyyy-rooooooooN !" and you're back in 2 minutes....

I suppose if hook that noah and your boat is being towed backwards at a rate of knots, she can just sit back on the lawn with a shardy and watch you.... She might even yell out some instructions when it comes time to tail rope it....

hehehe - I'm having a good laugh while writing this - I can picture the shenanigans in my head.

I think I'm going stir crazy...I need to get out there.....

Edited by Keflapod

Jealous doesn't come close, top spot Grant, and a nice lizard too, great spot for a B-B-Q, so when's the invite coming in the mail, or we could have a JEWHUNTER SOCIAL..:gathering:

Cheers....

The invite is always open mate. :biggrin2:

A social here is a top idea. :thumbup:

I can easily fit 30 cars out the front & 30 tents out the back!!! :biggrin2:

Pity it's 850 kms from Sydney though. :(

Cheers,

Grant.

What part of the world are you in?

Property prices there might just skyrocket after those lovely pics...

I'm in Murwillumbah mate, far northern NSW. Moved up here from Sydney 2.5 years ago as I just got over it down there.

In the pic from the backyard there are mountains in the background. The top ridge of those mountains is the NSW/QLD border.

The Tweed Valley is one of the most spectacular parts of the world that I have ever seen & having travelled through 42 countries over the years I've seen a few. This will do me.

I'm going to have another flick on the tide change right now. :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Grant.

Nice to be some people mate... I can't quite cast far enough from my back fence to hit the water :074:

That's a tidy fish and some nice fillets only 20m from your back door mate. You've got a fantastic hideaway in the valley. I'm very jealous. See if you can catch a few Long Toms in there :biggrin2:

Cheers, Slinky

Grant,

What a nice fish but how super nice is that back yard.

I think you have made a great life choice.

Mate who needs the hustle and bustle of city life.

Do you get jewies at your doorstep or do you have to hunt them down abit. :thumbup::thumbup:

twin 1

marcel

The hustle & bustle of city life!! :074: Nah, the old "river change" will do mate. :biggrin2:

17 minutes from Kingscliff beach as well.

As for the Jewies, I haven't bothered to chase them too much yet. Too many other species to get into. :thumbup:

They have stocked the river with jew though so hence the 5" jerk shads! It will happen one day, right out the back door, I'm sure of it. :yahoo:

Thanks for the compliments Raiders. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

:biggrin2: Grant If I bring a whippersnipper, a mower and a few rods up, can I camp in your backyard for a week?

No deal mate!

I'll do you a better deal. I've got the ride on mower & the new Honda 4 stroke brush cutter. You come up & use them & you can camp wherever you want!! :074::yahoo:

Cheers,

Grant.

g'day Grant,

my old man grew up on the Tweed back in the days when you rode a horse to school and cut sugar cane by hand. He'd tell me stories about the big Jew in the upper reaches of the river and how he and his brothers would row out into the middle of the river at night with a flagon of rum and handlines loaded with cat-gut line. The jew were so thick they'd get sick of catching them. When a big jew took the bait they used to wrap the line around the oar rollock to see how long it would hold before the line parted :1prop: with an almighty crack. Then they'd all fall over in the boat rolling around laughing pissed to the gills of course.

Would be nice to see it like that again and good to see they're stocking the river. If you ever organise a camping trip let me know, I'll bring the rum. :1prop:

cheers

Greg