Not Much Action In Lavender Bay

PPSGT

Hey Raiders,

Reality has finally set back in, With my wife back from her 3 weeks overseas, and for the past 4 weeks since handing in my notice at work, and taking every sickie I had saved up to go fishing

Today I had to have a shave, iron a shirt, put on a suit and turn up for my first day at my new job

I turn up to the office, and get shown my new desk

post-2971-1241006311_thumb.jpg

How am I suppose to concentrate on work?

There were a few seagulls working, but very little surface activity

water was calm, and looked perfect for fishing

going to work early tomorrow to see if anyone is fishing the markers to the right of the bridge

Might set up a web cam....

Bit hard to take a sickie and go fishing now, I've told the new boss what my boat looks like and he has the same view :1prop: , I guess I cant launch from my local ramp when i'm "sick" anymore

might pack the binoculars tomorrow

My new work collegue is as mad as me about fishing, so we spent the morning talking

about our latest fishing adventures, my new boss is away for two days, so I am in the office alone

might even take a rod and get some "exercise" at lunch time

Jason

What an awesome view mate, quite inspiring!

Me and my wife are moving house in a couple of weeks to a little place in Balmain East - I'll only be a 2 minute walk to a fishing spot, which is going to be awesome. I reckon I'll get out a lot more often. It's great being near the water :)

Now you dont have to save your sickies. Ask your boss if you can accumulate lunch breaks which you dont take. So when you see birds working the water you can just go and run and fish.

Make sure you got a spare rod and reel for your boss.

Nice view Jason.

it must be the samsung building at milsons point, right !?

I work there at the big building site.

And yes, it is hard to concentrate on work.

Cheers

Glen

Edited by FlighHigh

Hey Raiders,

Reality has finally set back in, With my wife back from her 3 weeks overseas, and for the past 4 weeks since handing in my notice at work, and taking every sickie I had saved up to go fishing

Today I had to have a shave, iron a shirt, put on a suit and turn up for my first day at my new job

I turn up to the office, and get shown my new desk

post-2971-1241006311_thumb.jpg

How am I suppose to concentrate on work?

There were a few seagulls working, but very little surface activity

water was calm, and looked perfect for fishing

going to work early tomorrow to see if anyone is fishing the markers to the right of the bridge

Might set up a web cam....

Bit hard to take a sickie and go fishing now, I've told the new boss what my boat looks like and he has the same view :1prop: , I guess I cant launch from my local ramp when i'm "sick" anymore

might pack the binoculars tomorrow

My new work collegue is as mad as me about fishing, so we spent the morning talking

about our latest fishing adventures, my new boss is away for two days, so I am in the office alone

might even take a rod and get some "exercise" at lunch time

Jason

Nice view mate, can you get me a job there as well. All I get to look at is a partition wall and a fat man that farts and burps alot. :wacko:

I used to work in Nth Syd as well and had a view like that. Yeah know how you feel imagining yourself on the water fishing. Went down to Lavender bay at lunch times and used to see schools of bream prowling the wooden walkway. Worth a go. Good luck fishing.

Cheers.

• 3 years later...