Map Of The Hacking

scotty d

hey guys im looking for a map of the hacking that shows the weed beds there, can any of you point me in the right direction??

Google Earth is a fishermans best friend :biggrin2: ...

great for sussing out new spots...

hope this helps..

cheers...steve......

Edited by roosterman

Yeh i always use google maps/earth to suss out possible landbased fishing spots. If your looking for weed beds, just find rough dark patches in the water that are relatively close to shore. The bigger more uniform dark patches are deeper water. If you find both, could possibly be a good fishing spot :P

Seems like the Hacking system is one of those hardly explored areas. Don't see as many people as you would at the Georges.... and not many boats either.

It's so clean, and beautiful, clear pristine waters....

Google maps or Google Earth is a must!

Seems like the Hacking system is one of those hardly explored areas. Don't see as many people as you would at the Georges.... and not many boats either.

It's so clean, and beautiful, clear pristine waters....

Google maps or Google Earth is a must!

hmmmm "hardly explored" is not quite right. Go there on a summer weeked and you can walk across the river from boat to boat.

Google earth has the hacking at a good lowish tide. It is perfect for finding the spots you are looking for.

Dave

Or if u wanna spend a little bit of money you can buy the HOOKED magazine. It covers I think the whole NSW salt water areas. Its got great detail as well.