Botany 7.5.09

Belly

Went out at 6.30am was a bit brisk. Set a drift and my father landed a nice 46cm flattie and a 44cm model. I had three drop off. I then landed a 30cm flounder on 5’ jerk shad. Changed location and landed a couple of bream on blades. We then moved to a spot that my father wanted to try and I am glad he did. I rigged up with a turtleback worm first try with these after reading so many successful of robeebee‘s posts. First cast I hooked something as my drag started to scream and then the line went slack and I thought that I was off. I then noticed my line moving towards the boat and as I wound the line took off. A short time later I landed my PB bream 39cm. A big thanks Robeebee I probably won’t have tried them except for team turtlebacks results.

post-6374-1241681258_thumb.jpg

Not long later a school of Kingies busted up near us and I cast at them and was on. My 6lb braid lasted about 10 secs. Re-rigged and put on one of my favourites (silver fox) and landed a nice 41cm trevally which put up a great fight. Landed one more flattie and called it a day.

post-6374-1241681285_thumb.jpg

:thumbup: well done on the great bream i love bream aroung the 40cm mark, and a nice silver trevalley also they are a great fish to catch they put up a hell of a fight for a smaller fish.

well done again.

cheers

how awsome,

thats a good pb bream

what weight of jigheads were you using?

i keep reading 1/16 for bream but does 1/8 work?

best wishes

I used a 1/8oz on this occasion as I was changing different plastic's. For me it depends on the conditions such as water depth, wind and casting distance required. I have used 1/16 as well.

Great stuff mate, i've had no luck at the moment with plastics - Wat setup you got there with the picture of the bream??

Cheers

Wayde

Wayde Its a Shimano Stradic 2500 on a Shimano T-Curve, 6lb braid 8lb leader. I goes well for bream and flatties.

Great stuff mate, i've had no luck at the moment with plastics - Wat setup you got there with the picture of the bream??

Cheers

Wayde

Wayde Its a Shimano Stradic 2500 on a T-Curve tournment. Its great for tossing plastics for flatties and bream. Cheers Belly