Elizabeth Beach, Near Forster

Mercer007

Hi Raiders,

I'm heading to Elizabeth beach for the Queens birthday long weekend to do a bit of fishing and just plain relax.

I've never been there before so if anyone could let me know what sort of fish I can target there and where to target fish that would be great.

I know that there is whiting off the beach but will they be around early June?

There is a lake there also. Is this any good for fishing near elizabeth beach and Booti Booti.

Are there many crabs in the lake, I may just take a few traps, if they are allowed there. (not sure)

I have access to a little runabout boat for the lake, but it is only small so probbably won't be taking it into the ocean.

Maybe just do a little beach/rock fishing.

Any help or advice would be great.

Also taking my wife and baby son. Are there any interesting sights we should see whilst in the area.

Thanks in advance. Raiders helping raiders etc...

Cheers

Peter

Hi mate, you can fish the rocks. Never really fish the beaches, but I am sure tailor would be around at that time of year. Really warm water at the mo, so if it hangs in there get around to the front of Charlotte and do a spot of live baiting. The longtails never really showed up this year, but Cobes,Macks and Bonito will be around as long as the water does. You will get yakka's on jigs as the sun is coming up. If there heaps of slimies there your in for a good day.

Some of the locals up there will have a better idea of the beach fishing activity at the time.Just make a day trip into a takle shop in Fozzie for what's happenning at the time.

Cheers

Hi Raiders,

I'm heading to Elizabeth beach for the Queens birthday long weekend to do a bit of fishing and just plain relax.

I've never been there before so if anyone could let me know what sort of fish I can target there and where to target fish that would be great.

I know that there is whiting off the beach but will they be around early June?

There is a lake there also. Is this any good for fishing near elizabeth beach and Booti Booti.

Are there many crabs in the lake, I may just take a few traps, if they are allowed there. (not sure)

I have access to a little runabout boat for the lake, but it is only small so probbably won't be taking it into the ocean.

Maybe just do a little beach/rock fishing.

Any help or advice would be great.

Also taking my wife and baby son. Are there any interesting sights we should see whilst in the area.

Thanks in advance. Raiders helping raiders etc...

Cheers

Peter

Was up their a few weeks ago just a few Shovel nose and a few bream, small salmon

Nine mile not to bad either need 4wd though, night for the jewies

Maybe up there for the day over the long weekend looking for houses :thumbdown:

maybe a little :1fishing1: i hope

Hi Peter

Bream should be off the beaches now too - fresh beach worms are the go & don't be surprised if you get into some jewies too! Some big tailor being caught down that way just now - some 4-5lbers a couple of weeks ago, so take some pillies too.

The Green Cathedral (at Tiona, part of the camp ground on the way to Forster) is well worth a look - a natural outdoor church on the waterfront ...... you don't need to be in the God Squad to appreciate it, either.

The lookout at the top of Head St Forster (Bennets Head) is well worth a look, too, you often see lots of dolphins there & very rugged headland. Lovely coffee/lunch shop on the water at Little St (throw a line in from the pool as well.) Both Breakwalls are a good walk, too - lots of blackfish & bream there too.

Good spot for shore fishing at Tuncurry is Rest Point Rd (a nice flat grassed dead end.)

GIve me a yahoo (if I am back from my travels, as I am in Qld just now) & we could discuss the options!

Enjoy

CHeerio

Roberta