My Biggest Yellow Tail King

rezzy

caught in whyalla 2009 on live squid using a saltiga 30t and 60b hirasama rod ,50lb braid

caught in whyalla 2009 on live squid using a saltiga 30t and 60b hirasama rod ,50lb braid

WAITING

this is my biggest so far but have caught a few others between 35 and 50 lb and lost a lot more.

Im from adelaide and prety lucky at that for the size factor of the kings we get here.

Im going to try the downrigging technique here because it isnt really practiced as far as im aware,and im really looking forward to it.Might start a new craze lol

All the best Rezzy

post-10674-1242281986_thumb.jpg

I knew the pic would be worth the wait. :thumbup:

That's a beast mate! :1yikes:

I'm sure if you search this site in regards to downrigging techniques you will see us admiring some more great captures.

:1welcomeani: to the site.

Cheers,

Grant.

Congrats Rezzy and welcome to FR, mate that's one hell of a king, can't even begin to imagine the arm stretching that thing would do.

HHUUGGGEEE FISH

Yea mate it pulled real hard

I hooked it right up against a breakwater and had to back the drag of and chased it for quiet a few hundred meters as it was then hugging the coast line which is real rocky at point lowly near whyalla.

the water depth was no more than 2 meters.

Then as it started heading out into more open water i put the pressure on and basically walked it out into water around 18 meters and i tell you it was hard work getting her up,bombies all over the sounder.

It was fun but stressful at the same time but when it was in the net i knew i had caught the best fish in my life

Im of to fish another kingy spot called Pt augusta soon which is my favourite spot in SA.

The fish arent huge this time of year ,mainly around the 15 to 20kg mark but still great kings nether the less.

Ill up load some more pics of kings soon as i get em on the computer

Thanks guys for the warm welcome also

Edited by rezzy

Thats hectic!! How long did it take you to get in?

Hello Dicko

The king took around 35min to get in the boat.

It was intended to be released and the reason it wasnt was my mobile and camera batteries were flat,so i borrowed some batteries from a camper and in return gave them the fish which feed 10 people.

We also got a big hit the afternoon before and also landed and released a fish around 28kg

Cheers Rezzy