Laying Up For Winter

Barry Mano

Can someone please assist?

After the birth of my new son (and the fact that the wife has firmly applied the hand brake! :wife: ) I am finding that if I don't turn the steering wheel on my tinnie after a few days it starts to cease due to the lack of use.

What can be done to avoid the steering ceasing completely whilst it is laid up for a few weeks / months?

Can someone please assist?

After the birth of my new son (and the fact that the wife has firmly applied the hand brake! :wife: ) I am finding that if I don't turn the steering wheel on my tinnie after a few days it starts to cease due to the lack of use.

If you're looking for someone to take your boat out regularly, I think we can help you.

Mike

When I was not using the boat for a while use to clean and regrease. Also whenever I was walking past the boat use to give it a few turns to keep it free. But now have fixed all of that by installing hydraulic steering.

Hi Barry ,

If it is getting tighter after each use it is probably full of salt , that is why a quick spray only works for a short period .Pull apart and clean out the salt and regrease and will be like new.Sometimes a little heat is needed to get the tubes apart .

Hi Barry ,

If it is getting tighter after each use it is probably full of salt , that is why a quick spray only works for a short period .Pull apart and clean out the salt and regrease and will be like new.Sometimes a little heat is needed to get the tubes apart .

Agree. I would still turn the steering every now and then if possible to keep that lube moving

Thanks Guys, the other option is to get rid of it as it is getting old and taking it out doesn't seem to be much fun anymore! Don't get me wrong I still love my wife but sometimes you have to sacrifice things you love in order to go fishing! HAHAHA.

Thanks Guys, the other option is to get rid of it as it is getting old and taking it out doesn't seem to be much fun anymore! Don't get me wrong I still love my wife but sometimes you have to sacrifice things you love in order to go fishing! HAHAHA.

:074::074: Barry, you got me gasping for air with the last comment, make sure :wife: doesn't access this post, or she'll pull ya bungs out, or something.

Rgds

Dhutchy

hahahahahahahaha :074: hahahahahahaha :thumbup: hahahahahahahaha :074: hahahaha :tease: hahaha thats hilarious.

Hi mate yeah do something about it quick smart and keep it moving until you do. I coughed up a bunch of cash earlier in the year for the same problem.

Cheers,

Jon

(I forgot to mention mine eventually fully ceased!)

Funny posts there. Love your work ;-)