Getting Cold Now

knapers

Just thought i would ask fellow raiders what they will be doing (fishing wise) over the next few months. Will you be fishing through winter and if so what do you think you will target? I know i will continue fishing and hopefully land my first Hairtail. I havent really fished much through winter before so im not sure what will be biting through the winter months.

Cheers, Knapers.

Guest Jocool

I generally keep fishing, but rather than getting the boat out every weekend, it may come out every fortnight. May even do a bit more rock fishing this year.

Over the next few weeks do a bit of slow trolling live baits close inshore and in pittwater as there was better class kingies around this time last year for the next couple of months.

Then really start fishng for salmon even though this year they never really finished.............................. and heaven forbid about half a dozen hairtail trips even though i didnt catch one last year?????

I must be crazy to sit up at cowan on those nights

Guest Jocool
I must be crazy to sit up at cowan on those nights

37834[/snapback]

We all must be nuts! :risata: I'm actually looking forward to having another Hairtail night! Raft the boats up and pass the flaggon..>What could be better?? :thumbup:

Guest Jocool
Hey Joe,

Should we try and get one Fishraider Hawkesbury Jewie night in before Winter???

Maybe the 9th April. Do the raft thing again but it will be 15 degrees warmer!!!!

37843[/snapback]

Cool by me.

Guest MarkD
Hey Joe,

Maybe the 9th April. Do the raft thing again but it will be 15 degrees warmer!!!!

37843[/snapback]

Excellent idea

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

There is still a fair bit of summer fishing to be had guys, ease up on all this winter talk! I'll still be heading out wide for beakies for another month or so as well as focusing on trying to get a big king, have hardly tried for them this year. :1tongue: Once winter hits, its usually just chasing sambos through the bay or on the rocks getting stuck into drummer.

Hey Joe,

37866[/snapback]

I would def be in for fishing of a night time, gives you a different sense of fishing.

Edited by Golden Monk

Will keep fishing till July then Im off to the Greek Islands holidaying.

kfish01 is also coming there, looks like we might take some rod tubes and have a flick at the Meditaranean :thumbup::thumbup:

When I get back in September I will be off the water due to selling current boat and upgrading in between.

Nick