1st And 2nd Jewie Ever

Cheers guys,

Got alot of hints and tips from this site. I appreciate it. Just takes a long time to put all the pieces of the puzzle together.

firstly congrats on your first beach jewy! :thumbup:

just wondering what beach rig u used for squid and weight? as i have never had any luck with my rigs on the beach only catch salmoon and tailor.

cheers!

firstly congrats on your first beach jewy! :thumbup:

just wondering what beach rig u used for squid and weight? as i have never had any luck with my rigs on the beach only catch salmoon and tailor.

cheers!

Hey mc fishn,

I tied my main line to a swivel then a trace of around 60cm with a snap swivel on the bottom to change my lead easily. I have a free running swivel on the trace which i tied 2 x 10/0 hooks to . It is basically a paternoster rig but the bait is free to run up and down on the trace. Don't know the weight of the sinker but the grapnel lead was about the size of my middle finger. It was pretty rough the other morning but the large star sinkers usually keep my bait out there.

Hi Calamari Kid,

well done on being persistent, especially with the early morning start in the bad weather. :fisher: 2 jewies for the session is good by anyones standards. :thumbup:

Also thanks for the info about your rig; I have never thought of using those sliding swivels, :unsure: will have to give it a go.

Looking forward to more tales of big fish from our local beaches.

Cheers

Sails