Small Jew In The Hacking Caught For A Second Time!

wttmrwolf

Much to my amusement I caught the same Jew last night in the hacking. Slightly modified rig. Same location around the same period of the falling tide.

This time I had 2 hooks pinned in a huge yellowtail fillet. 4/0 Light circle at the tip and 6/0 circle down at the fat end.

It goes to show they aren't too fussy about food when they are on the chew. Last time it was frozen self caught squid. This time frozen self caught yellow tail.

It was also good to see the circle hook do its job and only hook the corner of the mouth. This poor fellow didn't need any more damage after being caught on Saturday night.

You can see its the same fish by the damaged scales up near the dorsal fins.

Quick question - can you get something to tag small fish for research?

(The first photo is sat night and the second photo is from last night)

post-3761-1243293020_thumb.jpg

post-3761-1243293034_thumb.jpg

Edited by wttmrwolf

I keep saying there are no decent Jew in the Hacking.

All you have proved wolfy is that there is only one Jew in the Hacking and he isn't very smart :1prop:

There are times i feel like branding my name in the side of fish just to see if it is the same bugger coming up all the time.

Dave

I keep saying there are no decent Jew in the Hacking.

All you have proved wolfy is that there is only one Jew in the Hacking and he isn't very smart :1prop:

There are times i feel like branding my name in the side of fish just to see if it is the same bugger coming up all the time.

Dave

:Funny-Post:

You just proved it wasn't a fluke, wttmrwolf ..... great stuff. :thumbup:

Hodgey

I don't think you'll need to tag this jewie, u can already recognize it from the scar on its back.

It would also be interesting to see how many times you can catch this small resident fish (start a bit of a record hehehe), shouldn't be too hard for you now, you've gotten him wired and know where he lives!

Just got back from a late night working to read all these hilarious posts. Too funny.

I can't get the picture out of my head of this School Jew swimming past a bait with his buddies going "ITS MINE, ITS MINE, WATCH ME EAT THIS FIRST" and then getting hauled off into the darkness as his mates snigger at him.

The funny comment about no decent Jew's in the hacking - only 1 Jew in the hacking :074:

Much to my amusement I caught the same Jew last night in the hacking. Slightly modified rig. Same location around the same period of the falling tide.

This time I had 2 hooks pinned in a huge yellowtail fillet. 4/0 Light circle at the tip and 6/0 circle down at the fat end.

It goes to show they aren't too fussy about food when they are on the chew. Last time it was frozen self caught squid. This time frozen self caught yellow tail.

It was also good to see the circle hook do its job and only hook the corner of the mouth. This poor fellow didn't need any more damage after being caught on Saturday night.

You can see its the same fish by the damaged scales up near the dorsal fins.

Quick question - can you get something to tag small fish for research?

(The first photo is sat night and the second photo is from last night)

How funny, here you are catching the same Jew twice and i'm still chasing my first.

Well done mate.

Nice work, often thought that the same fish may be getting back on but never had a scar like that to prove it.

There are definately more than just that one in there though, landed 2 40cm jews 2 weeks back and 60cm and 65cm jews last night, all from Port Hacking.

Edited by paulmcc