Ray And Hutcho, Windy Wet Outing

Ray R

Hi Raiders, woke this morning at 5:00am to rain and howling wind, got the car and snackfood ready

along fishing gear and headed over to Hutcho's place, was about 6:00 now and the wind had settled

and the rain had stopped so we decided to have a crack at some fish.

Went down to our ramp at Petty Beach, launched the cruiser and headed over to the Rip. The

conditions were okay so we dropped over a couple of rigs with fresh mullet slabs and bonito chunks.

This first spot wasn't doing it so we moved over to a 15 metre hole 100 metres over that way and

anchored again, this was a little better with a couple of small 25cm reds and Hutcho scored a nice

bream, by this time the rain started to belt down and and the bites had gone off so we moved on.

We went out to Broken Bay , did a lap around Lion Island, decided it was a bit hairy so we came

back to the more sheltered Lobster area.

So the baits went out again, then my little rig goes off and I haul in a small reddie just under 30cms,

so he went back, then Hutchos outfit starts getting a typical bream enquiry, he steadies himself waiting

for the lift and run, then bingo he's onto a nice fish, he guides the beast to the boat and I slide the net

under his bony frame, a nice fish and another for the esky.

So another chunk of mullet goes out and 'Grounhog Day' Hutcho does it again, and yes I get the netting

duties, another nice bream. I persisted with my middle of the channel casts and then I get a nice run,

this is different I thought and I was right I pull a nice flattie along side and he is netted and into the esky.

Hutcho the bream master for the day scores another nice speciman and lost another good one and I get

an ugly red rocky.

This little spot we found at Lobster beach was a good find, out of the weather and holding some nice fish,

we got a couple more small reds and another red rocky, at one stage we could see small 20-25 cm bream

hanging around the back of the boat attracted by the berley trail.

Midday came and we decided to head back, a windy and rainy morning but we still managed to get some

nice fish, we found a new spot for a fish, even though we had flown by it a hundred times before, and

never really thought of it as a good spot but will be one to hit again I'm sure.

Anyway that's it Ray and Hutch still manage a few even when the weather tried hard to keep us indoors,

takes alot more than a bit of wind and rain to stop us mad keen fisho's

Cheers Raiders and enjoy the pics..

post-3371-1243755220_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1243755256_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1243755277_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1243755315_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1243755352_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1243755422_thumb.jpg

Well done Ray!

Patonga was a washout. We managed a trip up the creek late yesterday and scored a couple of nice bream but the rain overnight was out of this world and the creek was tea coloured this morning. Waited til the run in and got a few flatties on blades near the mouth. Didn't get outside the creek to the spot you showed me. Great food and some cool drinks had but the fishing wasn't mindblowing.

Nice haul of bream there RayR, when you see bream over 30cms being caught in Brisbane waters in June, it's a good sign that the upper Hawkesbury will be fishing well particularly for the bream fishermen that fish the vines every autumn as apparently there hasn't be much to show up there so far this season... the breeding schools could be coming in late this year and peak breeding time for bream usually means peak breeding time for jewfish...Ray it might be worthwhile you and Hutcho having a trial bream and jewfish session centered around the far end of Wobby between the new leases and the old leases....

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

I probably past you at some stage! I headed out early, picked up my nephew at Pittwater, was very dodgy crossing from Lil Box head to Barrenjoey in the dark. Came back through inot Brissy Waters about noon.

We did'nt have much luck.

Just looking at the pics of the quinnie, where did you get the clears made up? We could have with a set on our way over to Patonga, we got monstered at one stage with a wave coming up over the windscreen and drenching everyone in the boat.

Luffy...

Mondo,

Thanks for the outing another adventure in the quintrex and we made the right move going back into some shelter. The bream were cooked up that night for a great feed.

Bring on some sunshine and the longweekend.

Regards, Hutcho

Mondo,

Thanks for the outing another adventure in the quintrex and we made the right move going back into some shelter. The bream were cooked up that night for a great feed.

Bring on some sunshine and the longweekend.

Regards, Hutcho

Back to secret Lobster spot for a Bream comp ? ? ? :fishing1::074: