KINGSGROVE NSW 2208

Ph: 9150 8466

VENUE for theory IS NOW

ST GEORGE SAILING CLUB

RIVERSIDE DVE

SANS SOUCI NSW 2219

AND EXAM TO BE HELD AT INGLEBURN RSL 4th July 2009

COST: $150 per person

This includes your MROCP handbook, your exam fee and your lunch and morning and afternoon tea.

This Government approved course is to be delivered by registered OMC invigilators.

Mr Bob Foster comes to us with many years of experience as Flotilla Commander with Coast Guard Sydney until his retirement. His offsider will be Mr Harry Parsons who took the helm as Flotilla Commander after Bob.

Please pm me immediately if you wish to attend this course. The numbers are limited and we need time to purchase the handbooks from Australian Maritime College in Tasmania. Money will need to be paid to confirm your attendance. Details will be emailed to you when pm received.

This is an excellent opportunity for fishraider members to gain the skill and knowledge essential for confident and responsible use of a marine radio, including exposure to distress and safety procedures. Don't forget that penalties for operating a VHF radio without a certificate includes fines of up to $165,000 and even imprisonment.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

ATTENDEES

yarraone

Samcat

GregL

szakacs

selous

evopete

mrsflightmanager

casper

reggie

fishythings

raysenior

rayjunior

• 2 weeks later...

13 fishraiders attended the course yesterday. Good luck with your revision for exams. Remember there are plenty of raiders who have done this course if you need any help.

A special good luck to mrsflightmanager who will become the second female raider to have this qualification :thumbup:

post-869-1246142961_thumb.jpg

post-869-1246142976_thumb.jpg

post-869-1246142989_thumb.jpg

post-869-1246143006_thumb.jpg

post-869-1246143018_thumb.jpg

13 fishraiders attended the course yesterday. Good luck with your revision for exams. Remember there are plenty of raiders who have done this course if you need any help.

A special good luck to mrsflightmanager who will become the second female raider to have this qualification :thumbup:

post-869-1246142961_thumb.jpg

post-869-1246142976_thumb.jpg

post-869-1246142989_thumb.jpg

Yep great day.... I hope I pass.................. :1worthy:

post-869-1246143006_thumb.jpg

post-869-1246143018_thumb.jpg

I will try again.....

Yep great day, Thanks Donna and Stewie...

I just hope I pass...... :wacko:

Thanks Donna, I will endeavour to make all other female Fishraiders proud with my exam results next weekend.

What a top day was had by all, be as it may a very long one. Although the venue was changed at short notice, the staff at the St George Sailing Club have to be commended for the service that they supplied. Bickkies, tea and coffee at morning tea, choice of menu for lunch (all piping hot, with reserved seating for all of us), muffins, bickkies, tea and coffee for afternoon tea, and they cleaned up after each one of these breaks.

Top bunch of fellow raiders in attendance made it even easier. Being able to put faces to names of people that I have been reading about, or kicking their butts, was great. Donna and Stewy would have been proud of the way we all represented Fishraiders.

Being a female, I was asked why I wanted to do this course, not being the skipper of a boat. My reply was, "If I happened to be fortunate enough to be on a boat that is fitted with VHF Marine Radiotelephony radios, out at Browns, or someplace further off shore, and something happens to the skipper of that boat, if there was no other licenced operators on board, at least I would be able to use the radio with confidence (and without getting fined)".

There is a lot to take in, but Bob and Harry made it a whole lot easier to grasp with their explanations and funny stories.

It is no burden to carry, and even if it is never used, it will have been $150 well spent. I would recommend it to all members, male or female, as you never know when it may come in handy.

Well good luck to all other raiders doing the exam next week, study hard, and we will all pass with flying colours.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

Well the Class of 2009 have sat their exam for MROCP.

A big thanks to Bob and Harry for their effort and expert tuition. Fishraider on your behalf have handed over a donation of $300 to K4KK (kayakking for kemo kids). Bob and Harry take no remuneration for their time and ask for a donation to help this worthy research into cancers in children.

Here is a photo of The Class of 2009 MROCP

post-869-1246679031_thumb.jpg

post-869-1246679051_thumb.jpg

post-869-1246678973_thumb.jpg

yep, myself and Abuman enjoyed the morning .. Thanks heaps Donna and Stewie.. another successful day and looking forward to the next gathering. :beersmile:

meeting a few more raiders and putting a face to the names was great also...

Well at least the hard part is over, now comes the 10+ day waiting period for the results. Myself I feel confident, but will wait and see.

Thanks Stewie and Donna for organising this for us raiders. We could not do it without your help and support.

Look forward to the next raider social, which should be back to the bay. Hope to see many old and new raiders attend as this is one of our best socials.

Cheers

Cath

Just want to say a big thanks to Donna and Stew for organising and to Bob and Harry for their time and wealth of knowledge.

Just got the results in the mail last night and I passed with 90% - one of the biggest reasons for that was the study questions that Donna sent through if it wasn't for them that result would have been much different.

Thanks Again!!

Luke

I also want to say thanks to Stewie and Donna for organising this course.

It is because of you that I am now the proud owner of a MROCP Licence. Yes I passed. Yipppeeeeeee!!!!!!! There were times when I wondered, what have I got myself into, but you guys helped and encouraged me all the way.

It may never be needed, but at least I can rest easy in the knowledge that should the situation arise, I will know what to do.

Once again, Thanks Mr & Mrs Swordie

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

Well I passed as well, however I thought i wpould have done better as i only just passed with 72%.. Still it is a pass and once again thanks to Donna and stewie...

As for Abuman he hasn't herd yet about his marks...

I to would like too add a huge thanks to Donna and Stewy for all their effort in getting this organised,Bob and Harrys tutourlidge and Donna's practice questions were a huge help.

I got 98% totally rapt!

Thanks again Guys,

Wayne

Edited by reggie

:thumbup::biggrin2::thumbup:

I'm a happy chappy...... I passed too .....

Would like to give a huge thanks to Donna and Stewy for their effort in getting this organised,

Bob and Harrys expert knowledge, tuition, humour and Donna's practice questions just seemed to gel it all together.

Now off to get the MMSI to make the DSC thingy work ...

Thanks all,

Garry

I to would like too add a huge thanks to Donna and Stewy for all their effort in getting this organised,Bob and Harrys tutourlidge and Donna's practice questions were a huge help.

I got 98% totally rapt!

Thanks again Guys,

Wayne

A big congrats to all our raiders especially Wayne who topped the Class of 09 with his 98% :thumbup:

Cheers mrsswordie

• 1 month later...