Quick Eastern Suburbs Rock Report 20/6

Hey fisho's,

Been down to the local and you will get results if you are keen. It's 'man vs wild' - extreme fishing out there on the rocks. Swell is up wind is up and clothes are wet!!! :1badmood: You have to know where the wind sheltered spots are to fish. I've got and old steamer wetsuit that i've cut the top off. I use the legs to keep warm from the winter cold and a nice jacket. Rock booties with cleats are also a definite must! :thumbup:

The last week-week and a half, there was a shutdown and nothing seemed to be biting, also due to the weather. Except for the pesky pike. Couldn't even catch a cold. But they're back on the bite now! Trevally, niggas, pigs and bream... all going ballistic! Make sure you give'm a good berley and you will get results. When the wind and swell drops that little bit more.... it'll be perfect! :1fishing1:

***It get's a bit hairy at times running along the shelf between sets to cast and catch, but do not fish if you are not confident and know your local spot like the back of your hand. Inside out and back to front. Know when not to fish and when to call it quits because it is too gnarly!!! A fish is not worth loosing your life for.

Keep it real and good luck on the weekend.

Adrian.

Edited by hooklineanddrinker

AND... Never, EVER, go out alone!

or turn your back on the sea,

or go to a spot for the first time without a buddy who has fished the spot many time before in the same sort of conditions.

Always let someone know where you will be fishing and when you'll will be back

DON'T FORGET TO CALL THEM WHEN YOU RETURN.

Sorry for the cautionary note fella's - don;t forget :05:

There are Old rock fishermen,

Bold rock fishermen

BUT ----- NO OLD BOLD ROCK FISHERMEN.

Keep it safe.

My old stomping grounds in the 80s and 90s were all the silly ledges from South head to Coogee and I have had a few close calls, all of them were due to getting too cocky and disobeying one of the above cardinal rules.

Cheers

Chris

just wait till i make up my rock-fishing stand hooklineanddrinker.I am half way through making it.trying to decide whether to make it 3' or 4' off the ground.Will take photo and put it on FR when finished.ps.it has not been tried before as far as i know,if anyone has heard of such an invention please let me know.You can hold onto it when the swells hit Adrian,I'll look down to make sure you're OK. :tease:

I also hit the stones in the Easters Suburbs yesterday and managed to pull three good sized drummer from the wash using a bread burley. Trying to find a ledge out of the wind and swell but with a good wash was the challenge, but once it was located (around the Cape Banks area) the fishing was consistent.

Didn't get the flood of fish species that HLD seems to report on regularly, but the drummer were still a good result by my standards.

Funny to hear you say you fish in half a steamer HLD - I wear exactly the same outfit! I used to wear shorts over the top so I didn't look like such a geek, but that was just a pain so now I embrace my inner nerd and jump around in what looks like a pair of leggings.

I also hit the stones in the Easters Suburbs yesterday and managed to pull three good sized drummer from the wash using a bread burley. Trying to find a ledge out of the wind and swell but with a good wash was the challenge, but once it was located (around the Cape Banks area) the fishing was consistent.

Didn't get the flood of fish species that HLD seems to report on regularly, but the drummer were still a good result by my standards.

Funny to hear you say you fish in half a steamer HLD - I wear exactly the same outfit! I used to wear shorts over the top so I didn't look like such a geek, but that was just a pain so now I embrace my inner nerd and jump around in what looks like a pair of leggings.

hey, fishing is a sport, so refer to them as skins, or training pants.. like footy players wear... i used to wear skins to the gym.

it helps if u dont have chicken legs though