Nelson Bay Blackfish...are They About Yet

petkovd2006

I have family up there and was sent Stinkers latest news of a local named Jack Downey who caught a 9.4kg Snapper, which is not unusual for up there however this one was caught off Middle Island inside the bay. The report goes on to say rock hoppers are having a ball from Rocky point north to Fingal with top catches of luderick, drummer and Snapper in the wash. Stinker believes the way the season is unfolding they are in for a huge luderick invasion

Hope it helps

went up there 3 weeks ago at the wall of the mariner, fishing was terrible at that time, but i've heard some ok fish being caught, nothing big but still, its better then nothing.

went up there 3 weeks ago at the wall of the mariner, fishing was terrible at that time, but i've heard some ok fish being caught, nothing big but still, its better then nothing.

Thanks for the input.

Im heading up there this weekend. Will try to get a few off the wall and see how I go. Ive read a report theat they are about in numbers but cant be sure unless I hear it from someone who has been up there recently or resides there