Which Lures For Catching Bait Fish

hey guys i was just wondering which lures is suitable for targeting baitfish such as yellowtails and tailors or pilchards off wharfs etc. and what size is suitable for it . thanks!

Use 4lb mono... Even small toadfish will have a go at small hardbodies such as Gillies no7 which are also a good hardbody to use when there are tailor around

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

thanks for info all . But would the metal vibration lure work as for catching bait fish aswell? , cause i got quite a few in my tackle box like the strike pro : cyber vibe 40 and other big eye blade . and they are quite small lure aswell around the size 4cm. thanks

thanks for info all . But would the metal vibration lure work as for catching bait fish aswell? , cause i got quite a few in my tackle box like the strike pro : cyber vibe 40 and other big eye blade . and they are quite small lure aswell around the size 4cm. thanks

I wouldn't be throwing vibes at tailor. :wacko:

Use the bait jig mate. Fast & effective.

Cheers,

Grant.

buy a sabiki jig - very cheap and effective with squid, chicken or mince.

I use mine with 4lb line on a 2000 size reel. At Flint n Steel on Sunday I had several double hook ups and caught at least one every cast. We caught 6 or 7 in 10 mins.

Edited by tan the fisherman

hey guys i was just wondering which lures is suitable for targeting baitfish such as yellowtails and tailors or pilchards off wharfs etc. and what size is suitable for it . thanks!

Bait jigs are good for deep water. Cut them back though so you dont get as many tanlges. I think they come with about 5 jigs. Cut them back to three or so, that way you dont get heaps of tangles when you gig them up in say 20m of water.

Hope this helps.

i preffer the hawk rigs and i supose most people do cause my local is always sold out so i buy the whole lot when they stock up ive caught 1kg bream on them before i always add abit of pp or chicken makes it easy to hook up and try get ones with less then 6 hooks otherwise u do get massive tangles when u hook up 4 or 5 fish at a time