Pittwater Today

adjustedpete

Dont know what I was thinking but went into pittwater today for a look around. Thought I would troll around and see what was going to leap out at me. I trolled from towlers to flint and steel for a 6" pike and a good soaking. Tried a couple of drifts over the weed beds at flint and steel with some fresh prawn for a donut and another soaking. The wind picked up so I took off to patonga and had a beer and chips(highlight for the day). Then it was off to lion island for another troll and a flick into the wash with a bream rig, another donut and a soaking. Now Im really cold and wet, so decide to pull the pin. You wouldnt believe it but the sun came out on the way back from lion. I stopped the boat at west head and feed the trumpeters for 15 minutes and keep going to bayview. Just before bayview in the 8 knot zone, got another soaking. Awww crap. But when I think about it. The day could have been worse...................................................................... I could have been at work....LOL :tease:

Dont know what I was thinking but went into pittwater today for a look around. Thought I would troll around and see what was going to leap out at me. I trolled from towlers to flint and steel for a 6" pike and a good soaking. Tried a couple of drifts over the weed beds at flint and steel with some fresh prawn for a donut and another soaking. The wind picked up so I took off to patonga and had a beer and chips(highlight for the day). Then it was off to lion island for another troll and a flick into the wash with a bream rig, another donut and a soaking. Now Im really cold and wet, so decide to pull the pin. You wouldnt believe it but the sun came out on the way back from lion. I stopped the boat at west head and feed the trumpeters for 15 minutes and keep going to bayview. Just before bayview in the 8 knot zone, got another soaking. Awww crap. But when I think about it. The day could have been worse...................................................................... I could have been at work....LOL :tease:

a least you had a story to tell

a quite amusing one too

Pete I thought you were going to stop waisting your fuel on these trips :074:

whats going on, you go out in your boat for a donut, you go to Bair Island for Donut, you go to Narrabeen lakes for a donut.

But when you go out with me or anyone else you Catch fish, whats the go here. :Funny-Post::tease:

Edited by Groper

I know what you mean,

Back in the eighties I organised a heap of rock fishing snapper trips;

Planned the spots and tides, bought the bait, provided the rods and reels...

Trained the novices in how to cast an alvey and bait their hooks and where to cast.

Even untangled the messes they made and cast their lines to the right spot.

Never caught a decent reddie.....

BUT THEY ALL DID THE BASTARDS!!!!

:1badmood:

So don't feel too bad mate.... it happens to all of us.

God likes his fishermen to be humble

and grateful when he does send along the odd whopper!

:1prop:

I trolled from towlers to flint and steel for a 6" pike and a good soaking. Tried a couple of drifts over the weed beds at flint and steel with some fresh prawn for a donut and another soaking.... Then it was off to lion island for another donut and a soaking.

Now Im really cold and wet, so decide to pull the pin. Just before bayview in the 8 knot zone, got another soaking.

By the sound of all that you'd be much better off installing a shower in your boat and only giving yourself a thorough soaking on the days when the fish are off :biggrin2:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

We got out as well.

Was drowned early but managed a couple rain free hours,

Heaps of squid, and a couple of nice flatties. ( not bad, considering we forgot the landing net and had to make do with an eskysubmerged type of landing net )

But went thru a stack of plastics on those bloody jackets