Kerry's Boat (well Dick's Actually)

Clarkie

Guest Mike.L

I assume you mean Kerry Packer and if so that is not his boat, the only similarity is the blue hull

His boat is called Arctic P and is 87 metres or 285 feet, just a tad too big for cruising the river

186222848dmUMzs_fs.jpg

very tempting. wasnt that an old ice-breaker? make you feel a little safer after a few cans huh :wacko:

here is a ship we saw in hamilton harbour last november:

2298akhaliq.jpg

2298akhaliq1.jpg

the boat in front of the above shot is a 5.5m boston whaler w/ 140hp 4-stroke. he had 2 of them :ranting2:

estimated at a cool 40mil :1yikes:

this one was also in the harbour which lives in sydney. it ONLY has a 20,000 litre fuel tank

2298kokomo.jpg

it filled up when we were there. 19,000 @ $1.35 per/lt :1worthy:

I assume you mean Kerry Packer and if so that is not his boat, the only similarity is the blue hull

His boat is called Arctic P and is 87 metres or 285 feet, just a tad too big for cruising the river

The Artic P is supposed to be moored in Europe somewhere (was here for the Olympics, then went back). I had it on good authority that this was also Kerry's. Could have been wrong though. Done some searches on the net, and for a change came up blank.

http://community.webshots.com/album/226772803AqGADb

This is Frank Lowy's (The owner of Westfield) ship... first saw her in Sydney harbour, and then again in the hawkesbury near F&S... then the weather turned bad and she motored around towards Cottage Point.

You can't tell from the photos, but she has a helicopter garage in her stern and a big thing that opens up on her bow... very impressive... cost $110,000,000

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

If yous are still wondering the boat pictured "Ulyssis Blue" actually belongs to Dick Smith. I recently watched a documentary on one of his expeditions in it.

• 3 weeks later...
http://community.webshots.com/album/226772803AqGADb

This is Frank Lowy's (The owner of Westfield) ship... first saw her in Sydney harbour, and then again in the hawkesbury near F&S... then the weather turned bad and she motored around towards Cottage Point.

You can't tell from the photos, but she has a helicopter garage in her stern and a big thing that opens up on her bow... very impressive... cost $110,000,000

39642[/snapback]

Yeah I've seen that boat once, while I was chasing the frigates during summer. The back of that boat opens up and a smaller boat came out. I was wondering wtf ???

A boat carrying another boat ??

I guess when you have that kind of money you have to spend it somehow.

• 1 year later...