Hawkesbury River Special

iMick

This has to be the fluke of the week, maybe the year!

Headed to a good Bream spot. Worked my 2 inch Watermelon Grub along the rocky shore, as ya do. I feel a suck, then some weight, I strike.... and I'm on. It doesn't appear to be anything special, almost as if the fish is co-operating with me. Then it sees the boat, zzzzzzzzzz, my rod tips in the water, my drag set to perfection, my freshly oiled 1000 Sustain is up to the challenge. My net's between my legs (fishing solo) waiting for it to surface, I'm thinking there is no way this a Bream, this is going to be a Jew for sure but it wasn't, it was my first Blackfish and an absolute cracker at exactly 47cms.

It never occurred to me a try a dark green lure in Winter for blackfish, I just like dark natural colours in shady spots.

Cheers Mick

post-10586-1249204794_thumb.jpgpost-10586-1249204904_thumb.jpg

Edited by iMick

It is amazing what a blackie will take when it wants to - I have caught them on weed, cabbage, sp & hbs!!

They also love nippers after dark! :biggrin2:

I can only imagine how hard your 47cm one went!! :1yikes: Well done!

Roberta

It is amazing what a blackie will take when it wants to - I have caught them on weed, cabbage, sp & hbs!!

They also love nippers after dark! :biggrin2:

I can only imagine how hard your 47cm one went!! :1yikes: Well done!

Roberta

See that's how little I knew about them! I thought they strictly ate weed and cabbage only. This fish had some legs, two or three big runs straight down before being landed.

Made my day so much that I'm rearranging my work schedule and going back there Wednesday, doubt I'll nail another but I'll be there trying.

Mick

• 1 year later...