Toothy Critters 2

james7

I noticed how my original "Toothy Critters" (over a year old now) has had nearly 10,000 hits so I thought I'd update the thread with "Toothy Critters 2" and put up some some new photos.

Click here to see the "original" toothy critters post.

To start it off, here is an innocent looking little fish ...

post-4381-1249341383_thumb.jpg

However, check out his "chompers!

post-4381-1249341449_thumb.jpg

These Ocean Puffer Fish or Green Toads can bite through anything! They are easily as bad as leatherjackets. They can cut through 50lb braid like it was cotton!

post-4381-1249341578_thumb.jpg

Line snipping ... puffy faced ... toothy critter ... little bugger!! :1badmood:

Cheers

Peter

Add some more photos of any "Toothy Critters" you've caught.

Edited by peterS

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed how my original thread "Toothy Critters" (over a year old now) has had nearly 10,000 hits so I thought I'd revive it.

To start it off, here is an innocent looking little fish ...

post-4381-1249341383_thumb.jpg

However, check out his "chompers!

post-4381-1249341449_thumb.jpg

These Ocean Puffer Fish or Green Toads can bite through anything! They are easily as bad as leatherjackets. They can cut through 50lb braid like it was cotton!

post-4381-1249341578_thumb.jpg

Line snipping ... puffy faced ... toothy critter ... little buggers!! :1badmood:

Cheers

Peter

Add some more photos of any "Toothy Critters" you've caught.

Hi Peter,

Nice pictures, no wonder your first hobby is photography. Then fishing is your second?

Cheers,

Andy

:Funny-Post: Funniest fish of the year award Ray and Peter :thumbup: .... Just start scrolling down that lot slowy and see if you can stop laughing, even the crab fits in well with the rest of those cartoon characters :074:

Cheers

jewgaffer

Funniest fish of the year award Ray and Peter .... Just start scrolling down that lot slowy and see if you can stop laughing, even the crab fits in well with the rest of those cartoon characters

Cheers

jewgaffer

That's true Jewgaffer. They're some weird lookin' funny creatures alright! Imagine if they crossed a rock cod with one of those puffer fish!!?

Actually, maybe I should have made this thread about "Toothy Fishermen". Syd and I met one at the ramp a few weeks ago who looked like a buck-toothed Gomer Pyle. He proceeded to lecture us about how to catch "big" snapper in Botany Bay. He said he'd caught 30 in one session! :074:

Weird fish and weird fishermen - I've seen a few over the years!

Cheers

Peter

PS Jewgaffer, that photo of George's mako belongs here - it really is a toothy critter!

Hey Peter

Now these are teeth!

First one, "Fang" from Shadey Camp. Scared the crap out of me taking it, hence not a real good photo.

See my post about it in pictures, I think maybe end of april early May.

Second one is the croc zoo in Darwin. They are awesome beasts!

Your an absolute shocker with some of your posts.

You have now doomed me, and many others, to taking pictures of teeth from critters for the rest of my life.

Cheers Trapper T

Peter

OOOOPS

Attachments did not attach.

Sorry, now attached, I hope.

Cheers Trapper

post-6141-1249445270_thumb.jpg

post-6141-1249445342_thumb.jpg

Here is a toothy critter you'd never "kiss" goodbye before you release it!

It (barracouta I think?) was caught yesterday south east of Garie. Mean lookin' bugger eh!

post-4381-1250426546_thumb.jpg

post-4381-1250426611_thumb.jpg

post-4381-1250426644_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Peter

Edited by peterS

Couple of more "toothy critters" from our fishing trip last Saturday (see the report "Beaut Day! - Some Big Flathead And A "fat" Shark")

bonito

post-4381-1250472035_thumb.jpg

flathead

post-4381-1250472069_thumb.jpg

... and some "toothless", but "ugly" critters

Port Jackson shark - only a mother would love that face!

post-4381-1250472051_thumb.jpg

gurnard

post-4381-1250472079_thumb.jpg

and one more photo of the barracouta

post-4381-1250472787_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Peter

Edited by peterS

:thumbup:

Couple of more "toothy critters" from our fishing trip last Saturday (see the report "Beaut Day! - Some Big Flathead And A "fat" Shark")

........ and some "toothless", but "ugly" critters

Port Jackson shark

post-4381-1250472051_thumb.jpg

.....gurnard

post-4381-1250472079_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Peter

Nice photography again Peter...You and RayR certainly add something extra to the site by including such interesting and professional quality photography in with your fishing exploits :thumbup: ...The port jackson and the flying gurnard are nicely photographed and they both look like a couple of real characters ...The port jackson looks like it's having difficulty burping and the gurnard looks foolish trapped in the body of a boeing....By the way Peter notice how our mate Pick- A- box Syd was crafty enough to avoid a head shot with that lot, he would know that a close up would have provided us with much more entertainment in the gummy section :1yikes::D

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: