Botany Bay Monday 10/8/09

BUSTER 1

post-571-1249875548_thumb.jpgWent for a flattie spin in the Bay this morning very quite ,but conditions were great spent 4 hours spinning for 3 hits first 2 were about 45 cm the 3rd was 78cm the fish were very lethargic because of the cold water 13deg ,But I think the end of this month and next month is the time when you will get the bigger fish ??????????

You always seem to score at least one great flattie from the Bay BUSTER 1! Considering how quiet it's been for many fishing the Bay, your patience and skill has paid off again! :thumbup:

the fish were very lethargic because of the cold water 13deg ,But I think the end of this month and next month is the time when you will get the bigger fish

If that's true BUSTER 1, you better get a bigger boat - and a brag mat that goes up to 1.5m!!

Cheers

Peter

well done again mate, i think you could be the only person writing successful reports on the bay these days. on saturday i fished off kangaroo point and got a couple of 40-45cm models, i was stoked i hadnt seen a legal fish for about 2 months it seemed like a monster haha, but your one really is well done again.

........conditions were great spent 4 hours spinning for 3 hits first 2 were about 45 cm the 3rd was 78cm the fish were very lethargic because of the cold water 13deg ,But I think the end of this month and next month is the time when you will get the bigger fish ??????????

Remember last September Gary, the Sydney area was hit by literally thousands of flathead from well under 30cms to around 45cms or so particularly Botany Bay and the Hacking was starting to show signs at the same time but no where near on the same scale pro rata ......reasonable catches in the Harbour appeared much later and the Hawkesbury didn't seem to have anything like the numbers not even when it improved around January as the early parts of the Georges were to produce from a few weeks into spring onwards ....upriver in the Georges fished very well from around November on, until only recently when the flathead slowed down somewhat...There are no signs of flathead vacating our area in mass like they did last year from early winter on, so the signs are there for encumbents and flathead schools coming in for the spring season ....There appears to be scattered darker duskies all around the bay but in only small pockets at the moment.... You have done well to find them lately and catch quite a few and the few that you caught this morning including the good size one was a very good effort as well....

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: